engraving inverted images after reinstall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: engraving inverted images after reinstall

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default engraving inverted images after reinstall

I've searched but can't find anyone mentioning my problem. Sorry if this is a common issue

I want to engrave a hummingbird with some text on a wine glass using a rotary axis (problem happens on a flat test too)

1. Chinese 100w laser with TL-3120 controller
    2. image adjusted, text added and exported as BMP in illustrator
    3. Imported BMP into LaserCAD 7.96.9 (no problems)
    4. file saved as image (pwj5) no problem
    5. download Ufile (ud5) to controller, good connection, controller gets file and appears perfect on screen.
    5. I ran several tests on a wine bottle and plywood all came out inverted (see picture).

tests came out upside down and backwards. At first I thought this was a problem with the rotary. Maybe I have it upside down or backwards. So i tried more tests with the rotary in different positions. When I have the rotary installed upside down and backwwards I get a proper cut, so I think hey, maybe I don't understand the rotary and move on to the next test. A series of box sides I drew in AutoCAD. Again, upside down and backwards. Frustrated.. I'm done for the night!

This morning I tried importing the BMP, DXF and pwd5 files into LaserCAD without any problems. Then I imported the Ufile and sure enough, it's inverted. So LaserCAD is exporting the cut file as an inverted image. On the controller screen it's perfect but the actual cut is inverted. It also clearly shows inverted if I import the ud5 file back into Laser CAD (see picture) which is, of course how I created it!

Another twist... The original test files that came preloaded on the machine worked fine. My first tests with my old laptop worked fine. New laptop, new install of the same version of software INVERTED!!!!!.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails engraving inverted images after reinstall-20180218_102410-jpg   engraving inverted images after reinstall-20180218_102416-jpg   engraving inverted images after reinstall-capture2-jpg   engraving inverted images after reinstall-capture-png  

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Re: engraving inverted images after reinstall

Jaded724,

I believe the "Datum" direction is wrong, change only one setting at a time and test, if the change fixed the corresponding axis move on and change the other axis.

Welcome to the Zone,

Jeff...

Quote Originally Posted by jaded724 View Post
    I've searched but can't find anyone mentioning my problem. Sorry if this is a common issue

I want to engrave a hummingbird with some text on a wine glass using a rotary axis (problem happens on a flat test too)

1. Chinese 100w laser with TL-3120 controller
    2. image adjusted, text added and exported as BMP in illustrator
    3. Imported BMP into LaserCAD 7.96.9 (no problems)
    4. file saved as image (pwj5) no problem
    5. download Ufile (ud5) to controller, good connection, controller gets file and appears perfect on screen.
    5. I ran several tests on a wine bottle and plywood all came out inverted (see picture).

tests came out upside down and backwards. At first I thought this was a problem with the rotary. Maybe I have it upside down or backwards. So i tried more tests with the rotary in different positions. When I have the rotary installed upside down and backwwards I get a proper cut, so I think hey, maybe I don't understand the rotary and move on to the next test. A series of box sides I drew in AutoCAD. Again, upside down and backwards. Frustrated.. I'm done for the night!

This morning I tried importing the BMP, DXF and pwd5 files into LaserCAD without any problems. Then I imported the Ufile and sure enough, it's inverted. So LaserCAD is exporting the cut file as an inverted image. On the controller screen it's perfect but the actual cut is inverted. It also clearly shows inverted if I import the ud5 file back into Laser CAD (see picture) which is, of course how I created it!

Another twist... The original test files that came preloaded on the machine worked fine. My first tests with my old laptop worked fine. New laptop, new install of the same version of software INVERTED!!!!!.

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: engraving inverted images after reinstall

Thank you for the reply and kind welcome... I hope to learn a lot and maybe even help out some. I see a few datum settings in various screens. Do you mean on the manufacturer spec screen I posted?

If so I'm afraid it makes no difference to change the datum positions from neg to pos

To be fair I haven't actually tried running the program to test this. I can simply import the ud5 file to see the image will be reversed.

CHANGED:
    LimitPolarity X and Y axis from Neg to Pos
    Datum X and Y axis from Neg to Pos

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails engraving inverted images after reinstall-capture3-png  

Downloads
    Uploads

Jaded,

I do not mean to be a jerk however I specifically said to change ONE SETTING AT A TIME and test before changing any other settings.

I will reiterate change "Datum X from Neg to Pos" Test the machine (Run the machine).

If it fixes the issue you are good to go otherwise reset the changed setting and try the other axis.

Jeff...

Last edited by jalessi; 02-18-2018 at 06:30 PM.
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I followed your directions Jeff... thanks for the help. I simply didn't try the program on the machine because I can see the output file is inverted. However, I have taken your vastly greater experience to heart and run a small test.

As you can see the machine is doing exactly what it's being told to do. The exported ur5 file is simply backwards. If it's a setting I don't think it's a machine setting, it makes NO sense that the software has an export upside down and backwards button somewhere but what do I know!?!?!!?

One setting changed> X changed to POSITIVE (No effect)

I also added a picture of my first test before reinstalling the software on a new laptop. It ran perfectly

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails engraving inverted images after reinstall-20180218_165147-jpg   engraving inverted images after reinstall-20180218_165634-jpg   engraving inverted images after reinstall-capture3-png  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Justto be clear... I will continue with the other individual changes now.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok... individually changed the x & y axis DATUM and LimitPolarity settings, running each individually with no effect. I made sure to set everything but what I was testing back to default for each run.

I'm stumped! If this didn't work on my old laptop perfectly I would wonder if the steppers were wired wrong.

Downloads
    Uploads

Jaded,

The software commands the machine to move in a specific direction and has no idea how the stepper motors are wired, that is why there is a datum or axis adjustment.

If you look at the old laptop and review the software settings you will see the old laptop software settings were modified from the initial default settings.

Jeff...

Downloads
    Uploads

I am also stumped, you state you also changed LimitPolarity settings which I never suggested manipulating.

I am at a loss for words at the moment....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I still have the old laptop. I'll check to see if it runs properly. If so I'll review settings. I'll let ya know if anything changes

Thanks again

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Re: engraving inverted images after reinstall

Jaded,

In the "Manufacture Parameter" settings are you applying the "Read" "Save" and "Apply" after making each and every change?

See attached image:

Jeff...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails engraving inverted images after reinstall-lasercad-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It asks for a password that I don't have... So far I've only been hitting ok. I can say that the settings do appear to be applied when I open the dialog again.

P.S. Old laptop does have some different settings but the exported ufile is NOT inverted when I save on the old laptop. So the machine is running the program correctly in both instances. The new laptop simply outputs bad files

Downloads
    Uploads

Jaded,

I completely disagree with your prognosis
    and the password may be 608 "608"

"The new laptop simply outputs bad files" = TOTAL B.S.

​We can build bridges or build walls, you make the call.

Jeff...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's neither a prognosis nor diagnosis, it's an observation. The ud5 files the new install generates are inverted. The machine reads them and does exactly what the files are telling it to do. The X and Y axis are doing exactly what the files tell them to do. The "old" install saves ud5 files that appear to be identical to the image I create. Again the machine simply executes the instructions the file gives it. There is no machine error on either file.

Bridges vs Walls... not sure that that's an apt simile ! I know the software works... I can prove it with the original install on my old laptop. I can also see that the original install exports "proper" files so I know the new install is producing inverted files even though it's not supposed to.

I'll try that password, thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Jaded,

The computer perfectly executes what the incorrectly configured LaserCad software tells it to, this is not a computer problem whatsoever.

I am done responding to your "observations", ask someone else here to pickup where I am leaving off.

Jeff...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think you would benefit from reading the line on the bottom of your posts my friend... thank you for your help. I will keep at it and hopefully figure it out. The password worked so I can now actually apply the changes you've so wisely suggested.

P.S. I'm in no way being argumentative. Simply trying to explain what I see

Downloads
    Uploads

I will consider the bridge burned, thank you for the opportunity.

Jeff...

Quote Originally Posted by jaded724 View Post
    I think you would benefit from reading the line on the bottom of your posts my friend... thank you for your help. I will keep at it and hopefully figure it out. The password worked so I can now actually apply the changes you've so wisely suggested.

P.S. I'm in no way being argumentative. Simply trying to explain what I see

Downloads
    Uploads

hi
    dont know what the problem is because I dont know your software
    however I had the same problem with one of our machines once
    so
    SHORT TERM ANSWER (if it helps at all)
    open the file in your design software invert/flip it and save
    then download to the machine and it will engrave the right way
    HTH
    Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks a bunch Dave... With Jeff's help I've managed to get the settings configured correctly. It was my ignorance mainly. Maybe my fumbling around in the dark will help you to save all those extra steps. (works like a charm now)

The inverted images I was seeing in the exported ud5 files seem to be normal (I was hung up on this because the Datum changes I was making weren't actually changing the machine config). I thought the software was inverting the image due to a bad export setting or maybe a software bug. Turns out the software inverts the image when you download it to the machine for whatever reason.

It didn't help that I wasn't able to "apply" my configuration changes because I didn't have the software password. Using the "Read, 'make change', Save, Apply" procedure (password '608') in the manufacturers config settings I was finally able to actually change the Datum settings directly from my computer to the machine. It took all of 15 minutes to find the correct configuration.

Thanks again for all the help!

Quick question has this ever been sorted? I am having the same issues, its not technically inverted, but going from LaserCAD which shows everything in the bottom Right X0 Y0, to my laser the origin is moving from the bottom left to the top right as if my entire workspace has rotated 180°, its not mirrored or inverted its actually rotated because if I was standing on the other side of the machine it would be cutting in the right direction

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast