Problem Cut vertical.

Thread: Problem Cut vertical.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Problem Cut vertical.

Hello,

I have a problem that has never happened to me, I bought a new laser I have aligned the laser and when made a cut for example the horizontal lines cut perfectly but the vertical does not cut them, I put an image to see if it has happened to someone and can help me

Thank you very much.

May

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Problem Cut vertical.

do you align the tip of your nozzle? and try differents heights of the tip with respect with your material

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Problem Cut vertical.

As this is your new laser, several items to check:
    1. In the preferences setup, do the X axis and Y axis have the same settings? Often, the X axis is setup differently for engraving, but for cutting you can set acceleration and velocity the same.
    2. Look for mechanical vibration in the axis with the problem. Power off the machine, then using your hand, push and pull the gantry (cross-beam) and feel for roughness. Can be bad motor bearings, improper belt tension, a binding that occurs when the rails are not parallel, and more.
    3. Remove the nozzle and run the same test, perhaps slower, to ensure that your beam is not reflecting off the inside of the nozzle
    4. Check the mirror alignment for mirror 3 (to ensure that the full beam is centered). You can also move the location of the cutting around your table to a new place, and see if the results change.
    5. Rotate your workpiece to see if there is a grain issue (though does not look like it from the photo). A grain issue is where the laser cut power/speed differs based upon the direction of the grain cutting.
    6. Examine your motor drive settings (may have the dip switches incorrectly set). You may also swap the drives to motors to see if that makes a change.