Need Help! : ( New laser is speckling or dotting my work piece.

Thread: : ( New laser is speckling or dotting my work piece.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default : ( New laser is speckling or dotting my work piece.

I recently purchased a BOSS L1416. Been using a Logilase for a couple years now so I'm not a newbie. I've checked the machine over to make sure it's set up correctly and such. When I laser acrylic or metal marking paint I am seeing that the beam is producing some kind of speckling... as if it's "over-spraying" so to speak. I have never seen this before. Boss has been great with their responsiveness, and said it was a lens issue, so they sent me a new one. I installed it, made sure everything is clean including mirrors. Same problem. What gives! Also, the DPI/scan gap doesn't look quite up to what it should be... 0.05 Having trouble getting it to frost the acrylic.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails : ( New laser is speckling or dotting my work piece.-20180128_194548-jpg   : ( New laser is speckling or dotting my work piece.-20180116_135901-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: : ( New laser is speckling or dotting my work piece.

Any damage to any of the mirrors? I've never seen that sort of shotgun effect on any laser I've used regardless of lens condition. And I've used some extremely crappy lenses lol.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The laser beam may be hitting the air cone hole. I had double images on acrylic and I had to drill mine air cone some. Just a guess

Last edited by Trell; 02-04-2018 at 10:28 PM. Reason: missed speld

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It could also be a component in the beam path not secured properly. Say..... a mirror that is vibrating during x/y motion or something. If it was the beam clipping the inside of the nozzle the results should be more consistent rather than this random scattering IMHO

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good suggestions. The nozzle hole is quite large on this laser, so I don't imagine it could be that. I checked alignment and such and it all seems to be firing accurately. I cleaned the mirrors. and yes Blackened, I have not seen a lens cause that effect myself either but I figured I'd accept their replacement lens Once I get home, I will take another look at parts to see if there is any vibration or something of that nature, like you mentioned. I can't find this problem being discussed anywhere else on the web.

Downloads
    Uploads

You better check electricity. Grounding and hv cable.
    Your hv psu might be damaged too. It looks to be unintended laser pulsing, not reflection.

CNC lasers, constructions, service

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So I am still battling issues with this laser. Boss has been very adamant about it being alignment or issues with dirty optics, or just out of focus. But I am no dummy when it comes to lasers as I have been using a machine 5 days a week at work for 2-3 years now. Granted, I have never had to do anything outside of routine maintenance and checking the optics and alignment, so I am unfamiliar with problems that may be caused by components elsewhere in the machine, the psu for instance.

All the power settings that recommend to me, I have to increase drastically. I am currently having issues getting stainless steel flasks to accept Cermark laser marking spray. They recommended speed 200 and 20 power for my machine, and I had to bump it all the way up to 200 speed 70 power to get a so-so result.

Dear Sleepymind, its a while ago but did you find a solution to this problem in the end?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zoom into the project file. If you converted a picture, lets say, JPG, to PNG, or traced a JPG and was not careful, this would happen. Please send me the editable project file I will gladly look at it for you, then if theres an issue, i will fix it and send it back to you. If you do it twice, does the dots happen on the same exact spot? Odds are, the file outputted is programmed to make those dots?

Trust me, This happened to me many times, when transfering files from Photoshop to PSD to PNG . Corel to Trace Image to RDworks. It depends on the technique used. But anyway, provide the file, and I will take a look for you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, Can you repair your fail?