Looking for help with Rotary setup on Digicarver 100w machine, RDWorks V8.01.10

Thread: Looking for help with Rotary setup on Digicarver 100w machine, RDWorks V8.01.10

Default Looking for help with Rotary setup on Digicarver 100w machine, RDWorks V8.01.10

Hi folks,

My laser works great so far on flat stuff, but I want to branch out to rounded, so I bought the rotary for it. I've plugged it in and it spins when I jog it's axis, but I cant seem to get RDworks to let me enable the "Enable Rotate Engrave" in the software. I'm doing lots of searching, and I've tried various tweaks, but that box is never selectable. Here's a pic:

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can try to get that working?

Thanks, I'll keep searching in the meantime.

Ryan

Pics of my setup:

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking for help with Rotary setup on Digicarver 100w machine, RDWorks V8.01.10

I use circle engrave all the time with rdworks. I will look at my machine tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking for help with Rotary setup on Digicarver 100w machine, RDWorks V8.01.10

The Y axis is rotary axis.

We are a company focus on CNC inspection.
    www.cncinspector.com E-mail: info@cncinspector.com

Quote Originally Posted by engraving_hub View Post
    I use circle engrave all the time with rdworks. I will look at my machine tomorrow.

That would be very helpful, thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrywu View Post
    The Y axis is rotary axis.
    Correct, and it functions, but the software wont let me enable it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Looking for help with Rotary setup on Digicarver 100w machine, RDWorks V8.01.10

My machine uses version 8.00.27 and it will Allen w me to circle engrave. Look in your vendor settings and config settings. You might be able to enable it. The password is “RD8888”

My Looking for help with Rotary setup on Digicarver 100w machine, RDWorks V8.01.10-img_1118-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

In case you have not found a solution for others who have spent at least a hour, like I just did, trying to solve this, the solution was to select the correct model (or at least one that supports the rotary functions) For mine it was 320, but I am not really sure what that is.