Need Help! 1kW Chinese fiber laser cutter - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1kW Chinese fiber laser cutter

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 1kW Chinese fiber laser cutter

Quote Originally Posted by Razzmeister View Post
    Ladaero, I thought about plasma but my other half wants to do non-metal materials as well and therefore the idea of getting a 1.5m x 2.5m 150w CO2 laser cnc on the al-cheapo and add a Fibre head to the same head system.
    Except, there’s no such thing as an el-cheapo fibre laser module - even a low-powered one (30W) is US$3K. But what do you want to cut with it? It only has a very limited application outside metal cutting. It can cut wood and fabric, in very,very limited circumstances, but they are very limited indeed. Or did I read that wrong and you’re cutting conventional with the CO2 and metal with the fibre?

I’m going to teach myself to weld (or get taught) and then I will be able to justify buying a plasma

Downloads
    Uploads

My budget would be around the $10k USD. Most materials will be 2mm and thinner and mostly carbon steel, Aluminium and Stainless steel. My wife wants to cut acrylic, leather and up to 6mm wood perhaps. Welding is really not hard and you should pick it up in no time.

Downloads
    Uploads

This is the right way to figure out what kind of laser cutter machine would be good for you. I think you XTLaser laser cutter machine is better than other machines that you mentioned here. But you should analyze it properly before buying it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Considering your condition, I think you might want to see: https://www.bodor.com/index1.html
    For reference only...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CeliaB View Post
    Considering your condition, I think you might want to see: https://www.bodor.com/index1.html
    For reference only...
    How long have you worked for Bodor, Celia?

Downloads
    Uploads

We have redesigned our product so it we use mostly 3mm aluminum. Most we talk to suggest nLight as laser source as they seems to be the king when it comes to aluminum compare to IPG or Raycus, i don't know but more than one have suggested this and also a few websites. And i just found this video and happy to see that 1KW can cut 3mm in such fast pace. But i doubht it... But strange if XL-laser would lie about it. I have emailed them and waiting to see what they say.

Is Raytools good enough? I saw that Precitec would be Rolls Roys, but how does Raytools BM111 compare?

We are looking at to buy an open 3000x1500mm, nLight 2000W (1000W if the video above is correct), Raytools BM111, from TX-laser or Golden or Bodor.

Any comments?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123