AWC 708C PLUS potential issue regarding axis travel.

Thread: AWC 708C PLUS potential issue regarding axis travel.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default AWC 708C PLUS potential issue regarding axis travel.

Hello fellow 708c plus users...

Just a quick question to start...

When you installed your DSP, and turned it on, did both your X and Y axiz move significantly? Or did you have one move farther than the other? or???

Heres my dilemma,

Ive installed a 708c+ and I have programmed my parameters for associated servo travel. When I turn the machine on and enegize the DSP, X will travel the entire length of the axis/table when I press the directional buttons.Y axis however, will not. It will move but it does so very slowly and only about a 10th of its intended distance and then it stops. (Y limits out in both + & - directions)

If I try to laser something while in this condition, it will generate an image that is compressed in Y but normal in X . The resultant image appears very short and fat. This is an illusion as X dimensions are correct but Y dimensions are not.

Okay so.. now if I go into the manufacturers settings (stop 608) and fiddle with the Y parameters and then escape, The Y axis functions normally until I turn the machine off and de-energize the unit. When I turn it back on..... repeat all above..

Im thinking the unit is just another defective piece of shot that I was sold by an unscrupulous vendor, and I am considering the purchase of a plane ticket to China as well as a shiny aluminum bat to take with me.,,,

I really hope though, that I have simply over looked something this time.... Does anyone have any idea about wtf is going on here? How did your unit react when you turned it on for the very first time?

Thanks in advance.