K40 has me stumped; etch skews to the left, cut stays straight?

Thread: K40 has me stumped; etch skews to the left, cut stays straight?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question K40 has me stumped; etch skews to the left, cut stays straight?

Hi! I've had a K40 for almost 2 years now. Just recently, I've had trouble etching images with it. I've successfully etched many beautiful things in the past. This problem only started about a month ago. The bottom of the etch is consistently skewed to the left. See the attached pictures.

On the cardboard, I cut the outline of and etched the exact same 40mm x 40mm rectangle. The cut outline has crisp right angles. The etched one leans. It starts in the correct place, then drifts left as it makes its way down.

Same idea on the scrap wood. I cut out a 1" x 1" square tile, then tried etching a picture onto it. The picture also started correctly aligned at the top, and drifted left as it went down.

I haven't made any hardware modifications for about a year. I have verified my mirror alignment is still correct. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the laser software, on two separate laptops. My belt tension seems similar to what it always was. I have searched for others having a similar issue, but I couldn't find anything. I don't know what else to check.

I would really appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!

Erik