Need Help! 100w ND:YAG lamp pumped laser not firing

Thread: 100w ND:YAG lamp pumped laser not firing

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 100w ND:YAG lamp pumped laser not firing

I have a Telesis Eclipse 100w marking laser system that I picked up for a song. (I know, I know, lamp pumped lasers are worthless dinosaurs). This one was in my price range and I like to tinker with projects. The PO stated that they were having an issue with the power supply. I set up the laser and put three phase power to it finally and this is what I'm getting: All functions (DI coolant system components, galvo head, interlocks, etc....) are functioning just fine however when I go to start the laser and run the job the voltage display on the power supply runs up to 1255 volts and then the "Lamp open" warning light comes on and the voltage trickles slowly down to ~ zero. I've tried two different lamps with the same results. My question is does it sound like a power supply issue or something else. Also, can I use other manufacturer's power supplies to power the lamp that fall within the same power specs? The only two power out wires that come from the power supply go directly to the laser lamp. Finding a replacement power supply for this specific model is becoming problematic.

Thanks!