Need Help! Advice please

Thread: Advice please

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Advice please

Hi ,

We have a Chinese machine 40watt that we purchased from a midlands based company .

We have had the machine since May 16 , since we have had the machine we have had nothing but trouble with it from 1 mth after purchase .

We have so far had 4 new power supplies fitted to date as this is the component that keeps failing on the machine.

The fourth being fitted in Jan 2017 , is now already showing signs of not working correctly, as it is not giving constant power while cutting.

At the start of the cut there is very little power the cut then gets deeper and more powerful as it goes around the piece that is being cut , the piece isn't cutting out as it did before on the settings that it should be cutting on , we have used the same materials/ (same sheets of plastics and wood, that we have previously used and it worked before ) and the cut isn't consistent each time.

Could anyone advise of a reliable machine similar spec and bed size ( 300mm x500mm ), and a company that gives good after care should you have any problems . We have spent the past year building a business up and we are growing frustrated with the machine not being reliable and a constant worry to when it will break again .

Many thanks in advanced for your help

Lee

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Advice please

Without a good deal more information I would suspect a ground issue. Inspect your entire systems ground bus as well as your connection to ground from the power supply.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for your reply I have spent a few hours testing the power setting to make sure they are the same as I always use and also done a test on a piece ok 5 mm perspex using 10 small circles, Speed is set to 10 on all of them and then increase the power by 10 on each. it seems to be most powerful at 40 % then starts to drop off. It just about cuts through at 40%. What could be the cause of this as we have had a new psu (again)
    Any thoughts on this would be of use

Thanks
    in advance

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm assuming you're talking about a laser here and I would be lying if I claimed to be knowledgeable about them at all but I would still suggest taking a close look at all your wiring. Most times when a machine is acting random it's a loose connection somewhere. I'm not familiar with your machine so I don't know how well it performed out of the box. If we've got less power now though and we keep burning up power supplies I would look for a short starting at the power supply and working backwards, after you've verified software isn't causing an issue in a particular drawing.

Downloads
    Uploads

LEE
    stop messing with it enough is enough, you bought it in the UK, you are in the UK it is under warranty, get your money back
    and try talking to HPC Laser in Elland Leeds they have excellent customer service

Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

We have lost all faith in this machine now after 4 PSUs. We have been assured that they have sold plenty of these JD3050 desktop machines with no problems and we must just be very unlucky but after 9 months and all the problems we have had ( All Power supply issues) they are still saying it will be ok. It stopped working the first time after 1 month.
    The second PSU had burnt wire going to the tube and wrong Potentiometer settings and stopped working then the third worked for 5 months and packed up. The forth is the current one which has been fitted for three weeks and seems to be all over the place power wise and to be honest (if the last is anything to go by ) expecting it to fail any time.

Thanks for your comments and thoughts

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds like a Mantech machine, sorry to say there engineers are not very good.
    I have one of there machines, and have changed all except the chassis and now have a cracking machine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi and thanks for reply . What issues did you have with your machine as you have changed everything?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

A host of problems, in all the engineer's came out but did not understand what was causing the problems.
    So gave up on them, changed power supply and tube and controller.
    Also had to replace the guide rails and the bearings were worn out, so now it cuts great and is controlled better as well.
    A friend of mine also got a machine from them, 4 power supplies and tubes, these were replaced within the first 6 months.
    It is a shame there engineers don't understand the machine, and how to fix it correctly.
    Cheers
    Pete

ive heard the yum-chi cncs need ALL the wiring replaced from the old threads i remember the wires are stiff and have a tendency to short out.
    im going back 5 years or so but there were people selling retro fit wiring for the 6040 etc
    not sure if its still the case but normally the mass produced yum chi stuff rarely gets updated they just pump them out
    adrian

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for all your comments. We have emailed them again and they have agreed to give us a full refund which is great news for us. We are now in the market for another machine.

Thanks again

Downloads
    Uploads

Since you are in the UK, have you looked at a machine from ThinkLaser? They seem to put an emphasis on their support for their machines which are Chinese machines built to their specifications. No affiliation but have heard enough good things that they would be on my list if I was in the UK.

"80 Watt” 700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-750 Laser (Similar to the Red Sail)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Justaddsharks in UK sell the LS3040 from G.Weike. I have had one that I imported directly from China and it was a good machine.