Need Help! 1990 Mazak LaserPath Turbo-X48

Thread: 1990 Mazak LaserPath Turbo-X48

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 1990 Mazak LaserPath Turbo-X48

Hey guys,
    I have just purchased an older Mazak laser to support our product line. We currently have several other Mazaks (HMC's, VMC,s as well as turning). They are all equipped with Mazatrol controls, which we absolutely LOVE! The old laser we picked up has an L1 control on it.
    My question is, will the control system on the laser be similar in use to the other Mazatrol controllers we are using? I guess what I am asking is, will it be a cam based programming system? Please keep in mind that i know NOTHING about laser cutting!

Mike.

......as an afterthought; In the event it is not going to be as simple as my other Mazaks what programming software will I need. We have SolidWorks and MasterCam-10......if that helps?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

.............anyone?

Post CAM Options

Mike, you may find someone that has a post for MasterCam, you could also write your code by hand or look for some cheep CAM software to get you by. It may depend on what you plan on running and how cost effective you want to be. If your looking to save material you will want to find a CAM package that has true shape nesting. You may only build static nests (all like parts) that could be manually nested. Take a look on this site and you will find several CAM packages for lasers. I use WE-CIM from Wittlock Engineering so I am able to customize it to meet my needs. http://www.wittlockeng.com/

You could use my service to generate your programs or to help get you started as another option.

Independent CNC Programmer
    http://www.independentcnc.com/

My mission is to share CNC programming innovations for a lifetime.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Mykal Ward View Post
    Hey guys,
    I have just purchased an older Mazak laser to support our product line. We currently have several other Mazaks (HMC's, VMC,s as well as turning). They are all equipped with Mazatrol controls, which we absolutely LOVE! The old laser we picked up has an L1 control on it.
    My question is, will the control system on the laser be similar in use to the other Mazatrol controllers we are using? I guess what I am asking is, will it be a cam based programming system? Please keep in mind that i know NOTHING about laser cutting!

Mike.

......as an afterthought; In the event it is not going to be as simple as my other Mazaks what programming software will I need. We have SolidWorks and MasterCam-10......if that helps?
    Mykal Ward, I am thinking of buying a similar machine that you purchased. can you tell me whether you can cut 6mm stainless steel, 8mm Plain Carbon Steel. and are you satisfied with the quality?

Thanks Laurits

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mike,

You might want to try Sigmanest, I have been in the laser industry for over 20 years and this is probably one of the more stable programs available. Also just to let you you know, you've bought the the best brand out there. Keep the machine clean, keep your maintenance schedule tight and you'll have no problems and years of faithful service....

Mike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am trying to establish a DNC connection with an X48 with an L-1 controller - so far, no success... In my manual it indicates there should be a DNC label on the L-1 display in the program section... but it is not there... We picked this machine up at a very low price and are trying to bring it back to life... we figured if we could connect to it, se can save whatever data is still on it before we lose it... If anyone has any tips, tricks or suggestions I'd appreciate it... Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a electrical problem in the machine MAZAK TURBO-X36 1000 WATT LASER PATH CNC. Can someone help me ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Dear Mykal Ward,
    I am looking for parameter for my Mazak LaserPath Turbo-X48, L1 control , can you send it to me?
    my email is pixel_22@abv.bg
    thank's
    weroni150

Downloads
    Uploads

Dear Mykal Ward,
    I am looking for parameter for my Mazak LaserPath Turbo-X48, L1 control , can you send it to me?
    my email is pixel_22@abv.bg
    thank's
    weroni150