Help or suggestions with Changing controller on chinese laser cutter/engraver

Thread: Help or suggestions with Changing controller on chinese laser cutter/engraver

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help or suggestions with Changing controller on chinese laser cutter/engraver

OK, it has been a long time since I have used this forum and my laser has been in storage just as long. I now want to get it going again but have found that I have "misplaced" my dongle for the Lasercut software. The unit is a 40W CO2 and I have spare tubes and power supply, so don't really want to discard it.

What I currently have is a Leetro MPC6515 controller, I have X,Y, and Z axis available as well as a rotary spindle to plug in on the Z axis. I
    have looked at purchasing a new dongle so I can just run it as it was, but I thought it may be a good opportunity to see if I can upgrade it (cheaply) to maybe print directly to it, or at least without the need of a dongle.
    I have also looked at some other chinese controllers that also run Lasercut, Corel and an early version of Acad, but I have also noted some others advertising the MPC6585 controller and stating that it will run these same software packages without the need of a dongle.

Now I am based in Australia so anything I purchase from OS that advertise in US$ will cost me at least another 40% on the advertised price so yes cost is obviously something I need to consider.

I want to be able to do both cutting and engraving so any suggestions on anything available including the 6585 would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Ian