Need Help! Buy laser cutter from China or Local?

Thread: Buy laser cutter from China or Local?

Red face Buy laser cutter from China or Local?

Hi,all.
    Can you give me some suggestions about this?
    What's the important factors should I thinking about?Products features?Quality?aftersale?transport?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Buy laser cutter from China or Local?

Warranty and time...
    You simply don't want to spend days explaining to some chines guy that your machine is not working at all.
    Once over that you have the problem of shipping it back and waiting for the return or replacement.
    Might be no big deal for hobby use but if you need it for a business than loosing the machine for several weeks instead of days can have a big impact.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lasermornone201 View Post
    Hi,all.
    What's the important factors should I thinking about?Products features?Quality?aftersale?transport?
    By local do you mean Chinese machine again or a Western brand?

People buy Chinese machines because they are cheaper. No other reason. In some cases you can buy 3 Chinese machines on a price of 1 Western for the same purpose. Even if one fails the production won’t stop.

The typical laser machines are very easy to repare. If you need them for business you should always keep some spare parts.

If you intent to buy Chinese machine locally than the features and quality options will be more limited. Importing from China will provide you with much larger variety of options including some high-end machines matching closely the quality and the parameters of the Western brands.

Buying from China is always riskier, takes more time and effort. The transport and customs fees can be a substantial sum.

As for the after sale service - buying a Chinese machine locally doesn't necessary mean you will get better service. I suspect most of the time will be the opposite.

If you wonder between Western and Chinese the main thing to consider is the laser source. The Western brands use primarily RF Metal tubes where the Chinese use the significantly cheeper and inferior glass tubes. I guess the main question is do you need RF-Metal or Glass will be fine for what you intend to do.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Buy laser cutter from China or Local?-zenfone-selfie-01-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I would suggest a laser with RD Works as it is one of the best controller/software combinations for lasers if you are going with a Chinese machine.

Figure out what you want to cut, and get one sized appropriately with the proper wattage.

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk details.

Wade

Quote Originally Posted by lasermornone201 View Post
    Hi,all.

Downloads
    Uploads

If you are comfortable with troubleshooting and repairing mechanical / electrical things you could purchase and direct from China. But if your the kind of person who would need to go out and shop for a screw driver, and has know Idea of how to use a meter then purchase locally or a USA made machine with support for $1000's more.

Downloads
    Uploads

were are you located if in the states look at Rabbit laser usa great machines and US support

Downloads
    Uploads

It's up to what you are comfortable with. If you are OK with futzing with the machine and ok with converting it to a arduino with a RAMPS 1.4 board or MKS board. I'd go Chinese. If you want a will work everytime and can wait for a repair guy to show up, I'd buy American. Me, I'm fine with futzing with a cheap Chinese machine.

Robi

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you buy from china it will take longer for you to get it then buying in the United States and you have to deal with customs. Rabbit Laser USA has good customer support, a full inventory of spare parts and all machines in stock. They also send out a technician to set up and train you on the machine! Try Rabbit Laser USA

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

check out legacy lasers they sell machines and provide support

TK McKnight
    800 Series 60W from [url]www.legacylasers.com[/url]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You can ask them a few questions:
    1. Has them exported laser cutter to USA?
    2. Could you give me some successful user project for our reference?
    3. What's door to door price? so you can compare the price with your local supplier. How much can you save?
    4. Whether will they offer you some spare parts when they sell the machine?
    5. How can they help you when there is something wrong with the laser cutter machine?
    6. Do they have after-sale service and warranty like one-year quality policy?
    The most important is that you should tell them you will visit their factory when everything is OK. What's the attitude towards this?
    Hope this can help you.

Downloads
    Uploads

I m trying to buy a new or used metal laser cutting machine of 500 to 1000 w
    I need some help from someone who is using a machine from china. It would be very helpfull to share your experience with this type of machines.
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Zaatar View Post
    I m trying to buy a new or used metal laser cutting machine of 500 to 1000 w
    I need some help from someone who is using a machine from china. It would be very helpfull to share your experience with this type of machines.
    Thanks
    HI,Friends.I found an article about "Buy laser cutting from China or Local?" Hope that I can help you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by RoseChina View Post
    HI,Friends.I found an article about "Buy laser cutting from China or Local?" Hope that I can help you.

Dear Rose from China,

I’ve noticed the article is based on my post in this very same thread. Even some phrases are copied straight. I tried to be unbiased because the answer to this question depends on the specific cases and applications.
    I understand MORN wrote it for commercial purposes and trying to convince the reader that buying from company like yours is the best thing one could do, but the statement that “Lightfrom a CO2 (Metal Tube) laser is light from a CO2 (Glass Tube) laser, no difference at all!” is simply false.
    It either comes from ignorance of it is a deliberate attempt to misinform. In either case it doesn’t speak well for your company.

These are very different technologies that will produce different results and choosing the right technology could be crucial in many cases.

Downloads
    Uploads

bad machines, SCAM company, do not buy from them. If anyone wants proof, just ask for it. I can give plenty.

Downloads
    Uploads

bad machines, SCAM company, do not buy from them.

Downloads
    Uploads

I bought from an Ebay seller that had the size I needed and had very good feed back that showed they do sell lasers. It was an HL Lasercut unit and Monica Li was the contact person the Name of the seller was GoldrayDigital, I ordered it on Friday and had it Tuesday the next week. I did have a problem with the chiller fans not working but they had me show that the fans were getting power they even had a meter and soldering iron included in the package so that was real easy and they shipped out new fans. I installed them and everything is up and working fine. I would buy from them again

Downloads
    Uploads

this is a scam company! do not buy.