Need Help! Circles not round, 6040 laser machine - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Circles not round, 6040 laser machine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Circles not round, 6040 laser machine

hey, sorry to not post here for a while, i've been busy..
    i reviewed your thread and saw few key similarities, but i'm very happy you got it sorted.
    lately i've been messing with my x axis which i think is responsible for the irregularities because when i move the x axis by hand you notice the pulley is out of center making the classic vvvvvvVVVVVvvvvvVVVVVvvvvvv showing the axis is not moving very smoothly.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by trdcelica View Post
    Tigox,

I updated my thread here with a basic how to, the problem is fixed. I give Mystic all the credit, all I did was tweak it a little. I bet you have the same issue too as our problems were identical.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...ml#post1872650
    couldn't qoute on my last post don't know why.. but yeah, read previous post haha

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Tigox, I just joined here because of your post - sorry for reviving a long-dead thread!

I currently have exactly the same problem, also suspect I am using a similar Chinese laser machine to yours, also running Lasercut.

Did you ever find a way to resolve your issue? Like you, those software settings that were recommended are unavailable to me in lasercut. I suspect in my case I might have damaged something in one or both of the steppers, causing some slack. The stuff I cut tends to warp when on the table so it is usually clamped flat and very occasionally the laser head runs into one of the clamps (cue lots of grinding and whirring noises, and panic from me to hit the stop button!)

Downloads
    Uploads

How are you saving your DXF files (I use rhino and it gives me 6 or more options). I noticed some turn circles into squares with super rounded corners. Can you turn on "points" on your software to see what the software thinks it is?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345