Chinese laser 50W, 50x30cm - bad/good stuff, mods, problems etc. - Page 4

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chinese laser 50W, 50x30cm - bad/good stuff, mods, problems etc.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese laser 50W, 50x30cm - bad/good stuff, mods, problems etc.

//A first test would be to install the vision software and then try to access the controller with it.//

Couldn't connect. Tried both - network and USB. I sent a message to Ruida, lets see if they are going to respond.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is what i meant with "a kind of Dongle", why should they offer such a function for free. I think they locked the special software versions onto special controllers (even if the controllers might be only different by lets say, a serial number)

I never got back any answer from ruida.

best regards,
    Walter

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yea, It was too good to be true but no harm in trying.
    The prices I found online for the whole set (controller, camera, software) were around $2500. As far I can tell they are using normal controller, average camera and basic, outdated software. The price looks quite ambitious to me but maybe there isn’t much competition.

I wonder if there is other brand or other way to make this upgrade.

Initially I wasn't trilled about the upcoming Glowforge machines, but now I think this “precious” feature and their competitive prices could make them very popular.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I also didn’t get any response form Ruida. Not even from their sales people at Alibaba.
    Instead I contacted a couple of companies selling their CCD system and ask them to confirm with Ruida (in proper Chinese) if RDC6442G is compatible or not.
    Today I received emails from both - As you suspected, its not compatible. I have to buy the whole package including the new controller.
    The lowest price I got so far is $830 for RDV6442G and 3MP monochrome camera. Here are some pictures:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese laser 50W, 50x30cm - bad/good stuff, mods, problems etc.-ccd-1-jpg   Chinese laser 50W, 50x30cm - bad/good stuff, mods, problems etc.-ccd-2-jpg  
    Last edited by Storen; 03-30-2016 at 08:38 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello all, i do not know if this question been ask before or not. I have this Chinese machine, and i have Fiber Cable + Laser Welding Gun but I do not know if it possible to connect the cable to the Laser Tube or where to turn Laser Engraving Machine into Laser Welding Machine? Please show me some picture and explain because English is my second Language which I will not able to understand correctly even using Dictionery. Once again thank you and Have a good day to everyone.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello. I just got my 50W laser and I'm trying to use it for some simple engraving on wood and specifically the rotary bed. I think I'm having problems with the software not interpreting the data properly. I have looked at several sites and everyone has something different to say. Do you have the settings for your laser handy. I need to adjust these before I start calling some Chinese guy in California to start troubleshooting. I am also interested in your upgrades. I am a perfectionist also, and I want to be able to set it and forget it. I don't want to spend hours adjusting and perfecting on scrap pieces and then start a production run. Thanks - any help will be greatly appreciated. - Kris

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Kkris777 View Post
    Do you have the settings for your laser handy. . - Kris
    KKriss777: Before you start using someone else setting (Im guessing your not going to get those anyways). As their setting would be of no use to you unless it was the exact setup. Perhaps another approach Would be to
    describe your exact problem along with what you have tried. along with your machine and software specs. To MUCH info is better than not ENOUGH.
    Im sure plenty of ppl here are eager to help.
    -S

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by the.sniper View Post
    KKriss777: Before you start using someone else setting (Im guessing your not going to get those anyways). As their setting would be of no use to you unless it was the exact setup. Perhaps another approach Would be to
    describe your exact patches, upgrades etc. along with what you have tried. along with your machine and software specs. To MUCH info is better than not ENOUGH.
    Im sure plenty of ppl here are eager to help.
    -S
    The 50w Chinese laser I recently bought does not operate properly on the Y axis. It seems it is not moving the full length of the input. If I put in 150mm it will only cut 95mm. It is hit or miss with it so far. Sometimes I will get a perfect engraving and other times the Y axis moves a fraction of the input. I can't figure it out at all.

I downloaded Boss Lasers RD works software and it has the latest upgrades, patches etc.. When I used the rotary table it was jacked up also. The X axis was fine, but the Y didn't move enough, thus crunching the picture and distorting it. I know it is a simple setting change somewhere, but being a novice laser guy, professional finger ****er, I need some help.

I really need this to work consistently since this is for a small business. Any and all help is appreciated. I did review Russ' Saberworks Media series extensively before it arrive and I was lightyears ahead, considering the manual and, well everything was in Chinglish or straight up Chinese.

-Thanks Kris

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am going to do exactly what you did to see what type of power is coming out of the laser. I tried to cut a simple piece of plastic and the laser got the Y axis wrong every time. The holes were elliptical also, even when I made them an even 6mm. Any suggestions please, and do you have that drawing in another file .rar maybe? I already measured it out, but I'd like to see what you came up with. - Kris

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Kkris777, what you are describing is most likely either one of these issues:

1. Hardware: My guess would be a loose belt pulley. Check to make sure that the set screw that tightens the belt pulley to the Y stepper motor shaft is tight. The symptoms of this would be random (non-proportional) inaccuracy in the Y axis.

2. Software: Have you changed your stepper settings using "File/Vendor Settings" (password could be RD8888 or some other combination ending in 8888)? My setting for the Y axis "Step Length" is 22.57532. If you click on the 3 dots (...) next to the box where you enter the value it will bring up a way to finetune this setting (by comparing "Graph Length", which I believe means drawn length inside RDWorks, to "Measuring Length", which is how far the laser head actually traveled.) The symptoms of this setting being incorrect would be proportional inaccuracy in the Y axis (i.e. the drawn length is always the same percentage shorter than the actual).

-robertk925

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by robertk925 View Post
    Kkris777, what you are describing is most likely either one of these issues:

1. Hardware: My guess would be a loose belt pulley. Check to make sure that the set screw that tightens the belt pulley to the Y stepper motor shaft is tight. The symptoms of this would be random (non-proportional) inaccuracy in the Y axis.

2. Software: Have you changed your stepper settings using "File/Vendor Settings" (password could be RD8888 or some other combination ending in 8888)? My setting for the Y axis "Step Length" is 22.57532. If you click on the 3 dots (...) next to the box where you enter the value it will bring up a way to finetune this setting (by comparing "Graph Length", which I believe means drawn length inside RDWorks, to "Measuring Length", which is how far the laser head actually traveled.) The symptoms of this setting being incorrect would be proportional inaccuracy in the Y axis (i.e. the drawn length is always the same percentage shorter than the actual).

-robertk925
    Robert - I just checked and my setting for the Y axis was 14.325. It was the exact value as the X axis. When selecting those dots it showed a 1 for 1 value 100mm equals 100mm, but clearly that is not what has been going on. I changed that and now back to the drawing board to see if this works. Of course I got in a 'big' order and I wanted to offer some engraving but th elast thing I want to do is promise something and not deliver it, or come up with a bunch of excuses. Thank you for the feedback. I will let you know shortly - Kris

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Kris, I think the you are supposed to cut a 100mm line, then change the number in the "Measuring Length" to whatever the actual measurement turns out to be. So, for example, if you cut a 100mm line but it turns out to be 75mm long, you enter 75 into Measuring Length box. Then it adjusts the current Y step size by 100/75. At least that is the way I understand it was supposed to work.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast