KH 750 60W Power issues on new laser

Thread: KH 750 60W Power issues on new laser

Default KH 750 60W Power issues on new laser

Hi

I am hoping the clever people who hang out on this forum can help me with a issue I am having with a new laser. I have taken delivery of a KH750 details
    RDC6442G controller
    KH Lazer Tube - 1000mm x 50mm 60w
    Software - RDWorks V8

The issue I am having is that the laser power is way down. When firing the laser tube glows pink, but placing a piece of plywood in the beam on the second mirror only produces a weak burn (See pics) The depth of burn at 10 second is 1mm.

I have checked the beam path and it in in the middle of each mirror and the lens.
    I have cleaned the lens

Using the software I have set the power to 90% min and 90% max at 3mm/s but all I get is a light mark on wood.

Setting the power to 90% on the panel and firing the laser via pulse makes a faint mark.

I have checked the water flow and temperature and have run the tests at 20 deg C.

I cannot see any damage on the tube, but that is always a possibility.

Before taking on the cost of a new tube I am looking for any suggestions of settings or tests I can run to prove it is the tube.

I have been looking for a replacement tube but the 60W 1000mm x 50mm seems a rare beast, so if anyone knows of a supplier or manufacutrer in the UK or China , information would be greatly received.

Thanks for any responses.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KH 750 60W Power issues on new laser-img_1026-jpg   KH 750 60W Power issues on new laser-img_1025-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: KH 750 60W Power issues on new laser

Hi ,my friend

what is the material and thickness do you want to cut ?
    for a 1000mm length tube , the power can not up to 60W

The problem is the tube , the power is weak .

If you want to cut thickness material and get quick speed , you need
    change your power supply and tube together .

co2 laser machine&parts. tubes,lens,mirrors,DSP control systems ,powers etc .
    Email/Skype:weihonglaser.frank@hotmail.com.WhatsApp:86-18516298692.

Downloads
    Uploads

Have you aligned the beam. Is the beam hitting the nozzle. is the focusing lens in place and are you at the correct focal point.

Only 3 to 5 mm - I have a 40w laser that can do these no issue.

Is there a min power requirement for the tube to fire?

Quote Originally Posted by frank wang View Post
    Hi ,my friend

what is the material and thickness do you want to cut ?
    for a 1000mm length tube , the power can not up to 60W

The problem is the tube , the power is weak .

If you want to cut thickness material and get quick speed , you need
    change your power supply and tube together .

Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    Have you aligned the beam. Is the beam hitting the nozzle. is the focusing lens in place and are you at the correct focal point.
    Yes. I have aligned the beam all along the path and done a sloped cut (by which I mean mark as it will not cut) and the focal length is 20 mm as per the guide supplied with machine.

I can only think that I am going to need to get someone to check the power supply.

Downloads
    Uploads

even if you do a slope test thebeam could be hitting the side of the nose cone I had that happen to me and it would mark but not cut

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi mwbaker. I have a similar problem with my new 60w kh laser. It runs perfectly just not enough power to cut like it should. All my research pointed to a new tube and power supply which I have just ordered. Will let you know how it works out

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mwbaker63s View Post
    Hi

I am hoping the clever people who hang out on this forum can help me with a issue I am having with a new laser. I have taken delivery of a KH750 details
    RDC6442G controller
    KH Lazer Tube - 1000mm x 50mm 60w
    Software - RDWorks V8

The issue I am having is that the laser power is way down. When firing the laser tube glows pink, but placing a piece of plywood in the beam on the second mirror only produces a weak burn (See pics) The depth of burn at 10 second is 1mm.

I have checked the beam path and it in in the middle of each mirror and the lens.
    I have cleaned the lens

Using the software I have set the power to 90% min and 90% max at 3mm/s but all I get is a light mark on wood.

Setting the power to 90% on the panel and firing the laser via pulse makes a faint mark.

I have checked the water flow and temperature and have run the tests at 20 deg C.

I cannot see any damage on the tube, but that is always a possibility.

Before taking on the cost of a new tube I am looking for any suggestions of settings or tests I can run to prove it is the tube.

I have been looking for a replacement tube but the 60W 1000mm x 50mm seems a rare beast, so if anyone knows of a supplier or manufacutrer in the UK or China , information would be greatly received.

Thanks for any responses.
    I bought one exactly the same and I'm not getting cut anything .. already lined lenses but nothing ..
    You fixed your machine ?

Downloads
    Uploads

I just reread your post and if you get a burn like that at the second mirror then you should get a good beam out the nose cone. You will need to align the mirror on the head to hit the center of the lens.

Downloads
    Uploads

No power out of the nozzle usually is from alignment. Or lens is backwards. You can check the ma out of the tube with a shunt and amp meter. They also sell ma meters for lasers. You should get to at least 20 for a high power cut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I too have the same laser. Did you ever resolve your issue?