Newbie need to buy a new laser cutting/engraving machine

Thread: need to buy a new laser cutting/engraving machine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default need to buy a new laser cutting/engraving machine

I am a totally new to laser machines and i need some advice. I have a 3K budget. Mainly I will need to cut veneer wood of 0.6mm thickness and maybe I will use it to do some engraving on glass (round glass), I will not be using it daily, but when I do, it will be for a whole day, so I guess the cooling must be efficient. As from I read, to do engraving on round glass, I will need a motorized up - down table. Also, working area should be in the range of 600mm x 400mm. Thanks for your help.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: need to buy a new laser cutting/engraving machine

you'll also need a rotary attachment for round glass, your not gonna do it with a 3 k budget plan on 5 K and you might do it

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi everyone,
    I just joined this forum and can not find how to create a new post.
    Can someone please let me know how to create a new post?
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

top of screen post new thread

Quote Originally Posted by FernandoS View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I just joined this forum and can not find how to create a new post.
    Can someone please let me know how to create a new post?
    Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Bigbird for your replay. Can you please suggest any particular make? Which in your opinion are most reliable,with least trouble, with a 5K machine?

Recently I have received several quotes from alibaba.com in the range between 1.5K and 3.5K,

Do you think that these are not up to standard?

Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Dear Charlie,
    would you like to import the machine from China , you can conside the G.WEIKE machine ,we have the 600*400mm machine ,diffrent configuration can meet your demands, what do you think ,here is the video to engraving on glass tube with rotary on LG6040N

ANy others feel free to ask me by Lucy
    han@wklaser.com

Quote Originally Posted by charlie642 View Post
    I am a totally new to laser machines and i need some advice. I have a 3K budget. Mainly I will need to cut veneer wood of 0.6mm thickness and maybe I will use it to do some engraving on glass (round glass), I will not be using it daily, but when I do, it will be for a whole day, so I guess the cooling must be efficient. As from I read, to do engraving on round glass, I will need a motorized up - down table. Also, working area should be in the range of 600mm x 400mm. Thanks for your help.

Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    han@wklaser.com

IF you are in USA, Plc check here

Click here for CO2 Laser Machine Engraver

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think you can look at the industrail B2B marketplace,their are many suppliers ,so you can select the suitable laser supplier with the 3K budget!

laser cutting lover

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Charlie,

Welcome to the world of lasers!

Ok here is the long and short of it. This is coming from years of experience with doing glass and wood on lasers. First of all your budget is unrealistic. You're going to get a complete piece of crap machine for $3k, Chinese guys will promise you one for $2k, tell you it will be $200 to ship then you'll eat another $500-$800 when it arrives on all the other import fees. It's not going to work right and you're going to be pretty unhappy. If you don't believe me search Chinese laser on this board, it's littered with people having issues with cheapo ebay and self imported junk lasers. Bump your budget to $6k and you can get a decent Chinese machine, it won't be perfect, but you will be much more satisfied. Bump it to $12k and you're into a small USA/UK machine, and you're going to be A LOT more happy.

That being said, lets talk about what you want to do.
    Wood - you didn't specify type but 0.6mm is like paper thin I think you meant 6mm which would be 1/4" here in the US. You don't need a ton of power for that unless it's a hardwood. 60 watt should be fine, you could probably even get away with a 40w. Make sure it's average watt not peak watt if you get a Chinese laser.

Glass - Glass is extremely hard to do well on a laser, no matter the machine you have. I have the top of the top, a Trotec laser. It's hard to reproduce glass on a laser consistently even with my laser, we damage a lot of glass. Problem is EVERY SINGLE glass you do is slightly different, even if it came out of the same box. If I did a box of 24 I'd bet 4 of those wouldn't turn out correct. Those Chinese companies are going to post videos of them doing glass and make it look easy. What you don't know is how many times did they have to film that before one came out right? Twice, three times? No way to tell. Also Chinese lasers are good at cutting, but their engraving capabilities are poor. They use inferior motors, and less consistent glass tubes (us lasers use metal and ceramic tubes) that's why most of the samples on glass they will send you will be bigger shapes and not a lot of fine details. Because you cannot do fine details on a Chinese laser, and it's extremely hard to do fine details on glass even with a USA laser. You're much better off to get a sandblasting cabinet for glass. It's messy but you will have more predictable results. That being said you can do glass on a US laser, but it's going to be an uphill battle to reproduce designs on glass consistently, especially with a cheap laser. The wood will be much easier, it's much more forgiving to engrave and cut with a laser.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie642 View Post

Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w, Thunder Laser Mars-130 (130w), Signature Rotatory Engraver

Hello Charlie
    Good day

Please check AKJ6040 laser machine , our website is Jinan AccTek Machinery Co., Ltd ,hope to help you .
    need to buy a new laser cutting/engraving machine-22-jpg