Need Help! Some questions regarding my new K40 laser cutter w/a Moshi controller

Thread: Some questions regarding my new K40 laser cutter w/a Moshi controller

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Some questions regarding my new K40 laser cutter w/a Moshi controller

It's 2015 and I would have expected that the issues related to the Moshisoft laser cutter/engraver controller and the Moshidraw software as it relates to Corel Draw...would be over.

But no....I find myself in need of answers to question. And before everyone tells me to go and replace the controller, wait please. I'm fully aware of the $500 MORE solution. I'd like some answers WRT a $0 solution.

So...I bought the cutter this past week based on a friends COMPLETELY SUCCESSFUL, working right out of the box, installation of a K40 with Corel Draw 11. His machine did NOT have the Moshisoft controller board. It had a Lihuiyu Studio controller board. So...I ordered EXACTLY what he ordered...and what arrived yesterday was a D40 with a Moshisoft M10105 V4.85 controller board...and a CD full of MoshiDraw software.

Well...I've been following the difficulties folks had been having with the Moshisoft gear and software...and was ELATED to find out that I could get one that worked, using the Lihuiyu Software. So...I'm now deciding whether to re-crate this sucker and send it back.

So, now the questions...I'm trying to determine if a 2015 K40 is worth keeping...and it's related to the controller board and the software.

1. I've read there is a Moshi plugin for Corel Draw 11 that you can use to avoid the whole Moshidraw mess. How do I get that plugin? I'm a neophyte with Corel Draw, so someone please point me in a direction on how to get the plugin and get it installed. On that note, to use Corel Draw, do I even need to load the computer with MoshiDraw?....or does Corel Draw's Moshi Plugin just a bridge for Corel Draw to talk to MoshiDraw...or does Corel Draw talk directly to the cutter? How's it work?

2. I've been able to see that Moshisoft has continued upgrading their controller board. Back when I first got interested in buying a K40 two years ago, they had M10105 V3.1 controllers...now they're up to V4.85 (mine)...and I've found CNCZONE remarks related to a bunch of M10105 versions. Does anyone know if the newer controllers have solved the issues everyone was complaining about. Has anyone ever found a technical details pub for the M10105...which describes what it's supposed to do?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Some questions regarding my new K40 laser cutter w/a Moshi controller

Its probably cheaper to buy a new board, shipping back isn't cheap. I can't give any advice if the moshi stuff has improved, as I have a better control on a bigger machine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Some questions regarding my new K40 laser cutter w/a Moshi controller

Nope...I only have to ship it back to Oakland. That's less than 1/4 of the cost of the cutter.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I Don't know about your second question but for the first one it's simple.
    You must launch moshidraw and coreldraw , inside moshidraw you will find a menu with "link with coreldraw ", click on it , if all is OK you can close coreldraw and open it again , in the plugin menu will appear the moshi plugin.
    I hope you are not in a 64 bit window because this plugin does not work with 64bit operating systems.

There is a lot of people who have problems with this plugin, I hope moshisoft will soon release a software without all those problems !

Last edited by Mcbride19; 06-13-2015 at 04:47 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by reilleyem View Post
    Nope...I only have to ship it back to Oakland. That's less than 1/4 of the cost of the cutter.
    I stand corrected, then sending it back makes sense... Assuming you know the other stuff is actually an improvement.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Crap..yep, I'm running the 64 bit Win 7 Pro. If I can't talk directly to the Moshisoft controller board because I have a 64 bit Win 7...it means I'm toast as far as making this rig work. Thanks. That was IMPORTANT info.

Last edited by reilleyem; 06-13-2015 at 01:05 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Moshidraw can work on a 64bit OS but not the plugin.

I'm just spend the afternoon installing a 32 bit version of windows 7 because of that !

Last edited by Mcbride19; 06-13-2015 at 02:25 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know that 64 bit XP 32 bit partition never worked right for a bunch of 32 bit programs...but so far, my Win 7 has worked well. So when you say, "not in a 64 bit windows"...is that meant to cover all versions of Windows?

Meanwhile...I'm pretty sure I have a 32 bit laptop around her running Vista. Gonna try that.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes all version of windows if it's a 64bit version. I've just spend the afternoon to re-install win 7 32 bit just for the moshi plugin.

Chinese are very strong in electronics, machines etc... but not with the software

Last edited by Mcbride19; 06-13-2015 at 05:18 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So I am learning....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here is another information.

There is some problems with the plugin and moshidrawX(2015), you must use the latest version of moshidraw 2014 or the plugin may not work !

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Old out of date XP computers are easy to find and run the software fine. Sending back the machine seems a little extreme.