Working Though A Few Issue on 40W Chinese Laser

Thread: Working Though A Few Issue on 40W Chinese Laser

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Working Though A Few Issue on 40W Chinese Laser

Hey all,

I recently purchased a used but new 40w chinese laser. The owner was hoping it was plug and play and boy was he wrong lol. So his loss is my gain.

I purchased the laser with a specific task in mind for using the laser to generate some extra income to cover costs. So far it has not worked right away with every step of my simple process.

Currently to get the machine to cut i have to draw it in Inventor and export it as a dxf. Then I import into corel draw and save as a .plt. This finally got the machine to actually cut something after many hours!

Now the issue im having is my template im trying to cut is a square with corner radius's. My machine is making two passes for each cut but is not shutting off the laser when it moves back to the start of the radius for the second pass. So instead of getting the radius it lops the corner off for a chamfer. I quickly ran out of my test material so needed to pick up more and will play with it tonight, just wanted to see if anyone has an experience with this issue.

Also on a side note is there a thread any where that lays out all the possible upgrades for this machine? That would be pretty useful since these machines are 10x cheaper then alternative machines. And also 10x a PITA!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Working Though A Few Issue on 40W Chinese Laser

no one?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ill say its a plt file problem. My machine would do two passes if:
    - shapes are not continuous. If its 4 lines and 4 curves it tries to profile each object. CloseGap of 0.1mm in laserdrw cut will treat them as one continuous line as expected.

- Lines are not hairline or are > 0.01mm. Tries to profile the line once again.
    - plt format is ancient Yet has many bugs. I use .wmf or .ai To import into coreldraw. Any other format introduced gaps in segments and other issues.

I assume you are using Corellaser plugin. I had to upgrade from coreldraw x4 to x6 as 4 was a nightmare importing dxf drawings. I had to open the dxf in inkscape and save it as .ai which is really annoying.

In plugin settings use WMF and selected only. That way you select what you want burnt in the drawing at each step and choose cut or engrave.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 2_many_hobbies View Post
    Ill say its a plt file problem. My machine would do two passes if:
    - shapes are not continuous. If its 4 lines and 4 curves it tries to profile each object. CloseGap of 0.1mm in laserdrw cut will treat them as one continuous line as expected.

- Lines are not hairline or are > 0.01mm. Tries to profile the line once again.
    - plt format is ancient Yet has many bugs. I use .wmf or .ai To import into coreldraw. Any other format introduced gaps in segments and other issues.

I assume you are using Corellaser plugin. I had to upgrade from coreldraw x4 to x6 as 4 was a nightmare importing dxf drawings. I had to open the dxf in inkscape and save it as .ai which is really annoying.

In plugin settings use WMF and selected only. That way you select what you want burnt in the drawing at each step and choose cut or engrave.

Thanks so much for the response! You mentioned closing the gap in laserdraw, I dont currently have that program. Currently I have inventor 2011, coreldraw x7, and the crap program it came with. the most success I have had was exporting a dfx into x7 then bringing it into moshidraw. I have not had any luck with the corel plugin. I click it and nothing happens. Will it show in moshidraw or corel? And do you think I need to downgrade to x6? im guessing the selection of what lines to cut or engrave is within the plugin?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You there?