Another Illustrator to lasercutengrave software problem.

Thread: Another Illustrator to lasercutengrave software problem.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Another Illustrator to lasercutengrave software problem.

Hi,

I want to import a file i created with illustrator into 'lasercutengrave' what looks like an simplified version of lasercut 5,3. When i save it as illustrator V3, i get an image in lasercutengrave but it is weird and with several objects connected with lines like (see screenshots)

Original Illustrator file.
    Another Illustrator to lasercutengrave software problem.-illustrator-file-jpg

Imported as v3 .ai in lasercutengrave v3.3
    Another Illustrator to lasercutengrave software problem.-lasercutengrave-jpg

When i save als illustrator v8 i only get a rectangle box and no objects in it.

When i save as .dxf in any version i only get a rectangle box with no objects.

The past file's i have put trough corel draw to save as dxf but i've used illustrator for years and can't adapt to corel quite easily.
    But i now have a problem with this illustration, i would like to engrave the box around 'henry ford' but the letters not engraved.

Saved as .ai, opened in corel draw, then saved as .dxf, then opened in lasercutengrave:
    Another Illustrator to lasercutengrave software problem.-henryford-jpg

It engrave's the box completely, it doens't leave the letters untouched.

I now hope it is possible with lasercut 5,3. But does this software works with my controller (ls240-a)?
    My controller:
    Another Illustrator to lasercutengrave software problem.-imag1316-jpg

Can someone please look if it is possible to import my illustrator file into lasercut 5,3 so i can buy this piece of software/dongle.
    Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...d00&authuser=1

I am frustrated with this process from illustrator trough lasercutengrave, hope lasercut will be beter, if not, what controller would be a easy upgrade with better software?

Thanks for your time!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Another Illustrator to lasercutengrave software problem.

In corel unfill all your letters, then make the letters hairline. then save as a dxf and import into lasercut. Make sure you check the box to engrave for the color of your letters, then set speed and power, then download to laser/ did that help?

Quote Originally Posted by riekus View Post
    Hi,

I want to import a file i created with illustrator into 'lasercutengrave' what looks like an simplified version of lasercut 5,3. When i save it as illustrator V3, i get an image in lasercutengrave but it is weird and with several objects connected with lines like (see screenshots)

Original Illustrator file.
    Another Illustrator to lasercutengrave software problem.-illustrator-file-jpg

Imported as v3 .ai in lasercutengrave v3.3
    Another Illustrator to lasercutengrave software problem.-lasercutengrave-jpg

When i save als illustrator v8 i only get a rectangle box and no objects in it.

When i save as .dxf in any version i only get a rectangle box with no objects.

The past file's i have put trough corel draw to save as dxf but i've used illustrator for years and can't adapt to corel quite easily.
    But i now have a problem with this illustration, i would like to engrave the box around 'henry ford' but the letters not engraved.

Saved as .ai, opened in corel draw, then saved as .dxf, then opened in lasercutengrave:
    Another Illustrator to lasercutengrave software problem.-henryford-jpg

It engrave's the box completely, it doens't leave the letters untouched.

I now hope it is possible with lasercut 5,3. But does this software works with my controller (ls240-a)?
    My controller:
    Another Illustrator to lasercutengrave software problem.-imag1316-jpg

Can someone please look if it is possible to import my illustrator file into lasercut 5,3 so i can buy this piece of software/dongle.
    Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...d00&authuser=1

I am frustrated with this process from illustrator trough lasercutengrave, hope lasercut will be beter, if not, what controller would be a easy upgrade with better software?

Thanks for your time!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Got it working now, thanks! I can't find the tool/feature to place the knife point origin at an exact x and y point, does the program nog support this?

Downloads
    Uploads

What is your machine?
    I use the red dot pointer to place my laser head in the staring spot, not sure if there's a way to set it up to move automatically to the start spot or not , I find it very easy just to move the head with the x & y axis control button on the panel rto place the head in the start position, when the job is done it goes right back to that same spot.

Quote Originally Posted by riekus View Post
    Got it working now, thanks! I can't find the tool/feature to place the knife point origin at an exact x and y point, does the program nog support this?

Downloads
    Uploads

Can someone tll me which port to plug the computer USB into on a LS240a Controller ?