Need Help! Moshidraw engraving location settings!!!

Thread: Moshidraw engraving location settings!!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Moshidraw engraving location settings!!!

I'm running Moshidraw 2014 and I'm trying to find out how to choose the engraving location. If I draw a circle for instance, in the top left corner on the drawing grid and click "Output" the laser head takes off diagonally (down and to the right) and runs into the rails at the bottom of the machine without ever reaching the engraving location. If I move the circle to the middle of the grid it does the same thing. Is there some way to determine where HOME position is and calibrate the drawing grid to match it. I have a stepper based home built cnc router and can do this with my eyes shut but cannot seem to be able to even find a starting point with Moshi.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Moshidraw engraving location settings!!!

Are your settings correct for the machine I have laserworks and have to set my page size every time I start it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Ranscon View Post
    I'm running Moshidraw 2014 and I'm trying to find out how to choose the engraving location. If I draw a circle for instance, in the top left corner on the drawing grid and click "Output" the laser head takes off diagonally (down and to the right) and runs into the rails at the bottom of the machine without ever reaching the engraving location. If I move the circle to the middle of the grid it does the same thing. Is there some way to determine where HOME position is and calibrate the drawing grid to match it. I have a stepper based home built cnc router and can do this with my eyes shut but cannot seem to be able to even find a starting point with Moshi.
    I too am using Moshi 2014 & having the same exact problem. If I could only figure out how to find its "HOME" position it will help a lot. Can anyone offer a suggestion so RANSCON & I can move on to the next Moshi issue? =)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm getting close to figuring it out. If you figure it out let me know. I move t
    I just want to be able to make a template page where I can put the text in the same spot and engrave it there every time.
    Also, If anybody knows how to enter more than one line of text at a time Please let me know.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

On LaserCut, yes I know not the same thing. But there is a Immediate check box which means if its checked the laser starts the program cut at the position of the head. So you use the arrow keys on the keypad to move the head over to your object and do Run. It also has the other option, where the Head goes to Datum or Home which is verified by the limits. When it starts it goes to the position on the table you have placed the project. Both require a Download to the controller so the controller knows what to do. This is for LaserCut and a DSP controller.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I use CorelDraw X6 to design what I want to cut/engrave, there is a Moshi draw plugin for CorelDraw and one for AutoCad12. So once you have drawn what you want to cut/engrave in CorelDraw, you select it and click the cut or engrave icon in the floating Moshi toolbar, this opens up a window where you can see the selection you made in CorelDraw, in the same window you can set the position of the upper left corner of the selection, either using the mouse to select a position or the X Y values in mm from the home position. The laser head will immediately move to this star position. You also set the cutting speed in this same window, click the button and the laser starts the cutting of the selected work.
    I also found out that the 'cutting order' is the first thing drawn is the first thing cut, so once drawn I normally need to do a little bit of cutting and re pasting in the original position to fool the software in to cutting the parts in the correct order. I'm using a K40 ebay laser cutter which is working great, but only after a considerable number of mods to it. I consistently cut model aircraft parts to +/- 0.001" in balsa, ply etc

Paul

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just got a laser cutter and MoshiDraw 2014. I'm trying to figure it out also.

I had your problem, and I think I figured out what caused it.

On the main screen, before you click the "Output to Machine" button, check the Option tab at the right. Make sure that you have "LeftTop" selected, as well as "Reset To Left" and "Reset to Up" selected. If those are set wrong, the cutting head will take off as soon as you start cutting.

Moshidraw engraving location settings!!!-moshi-settings-1-png

I am still figuring out how to get the homing position right.
    This software is just terrible for usability, but it is cool to actually cut! Good luck!

Monte

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i realize this is an old thread, but has anyone come up with a solution for this? any update would be greatly appreciated.

cheers.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jayybone View Post
    i realize this is an old thread, but has anyone come up with a solution for this? any update would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah, even older now - I had to solve it all over again so for future pain free engraving - it has issues with setting your *machine* home at x=0,y=0 or even small settings like x=2, y=2 . When I finally remembered to use an offset of x=10,y=10 that issue went away.

Your *work* can still have it's origin at 0,0 just the machine home needs to be off zero or the head flys diagonally down right to beyond the stops.

I had solved that long ago, then wife asks for a garden sign, so it was back to beating my head on a forgotten trick of Moshidraw 2015.