Newbie Cheap Laser Cutter/Engraver - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheap Laser Cutter/Engraver

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cheap Laser Cutter/Engraver

I don't have a laser, but I read post after post on CNC Zone of problems with cheap lasers. It seems that many are dead right out of the box, of fail within the first couple of weeks and no factory support. If you really want a laser, save your money and get a good one. Or get into 3D printing or a small CNC router, at least the cheap ones seem to work most of the time.

Downloads
    Uploads

I disagree with some of the comments regarding the entry level import lasers. Search and visit the K40 google group and look at some of the stuff folks are making. I have one and have found it very useful for acrylic, thin ply, leather, engraving anodized aluminum and marking steel after using a coat of dry moly before marking. No they aren't a fiber laser that can cut steel, but they do have their uses. There are cheap driver upgrades using smoothie boards that enable use of other software etc. The K40's are less than $400 now on ebay. so for a small investment it's a good way to get started and have fun and learn. They do tend to be more of a hobby level machine, but there are some folks who are selling stuff and making money using them.

Downloads
    Uploads

yea another piece of crap from FSL that cheap Chinese junk that they won't stand behind yup buy that.

Quote Originally Posted by videorov View Post
    The new Muse looks like a copy of the Glowforge. Its cheaper to use a cnc router for some of these people.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

For a lot less than the Muse I got a 60x90cm machine with a 110W RECI tube. In its first week I have earned close to $1000 from it. It will have paid for itself in a couple of months. Sure, it's a machine I imported directly from China but I have 2 now and it's my fifth in total. They have all been reliable. The caveat is that you must be able to service the machines yourself and not be highly dependent on manufacturer support. The ROI can be very good on Chinese made machines if you know what you are doing. They work well for me but they are not necessarily right for everyone.

I'm sure a K40 can be a a lot of fun if you really enjoy troubleshooting, tinkering and upgrading stuff. I consider them a toy and wouldn't touch them. If for a business, it's hit or miss if you will manage to make any money from them.

endurance_robots

you may check powerful diode lasers by Endurance
    Endurancelasers.com

and also detailed and big chennel on youtube https://www.youtube.com/georgefomichev

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12