Need Help! Beam alignment prodedure Laserpro Explorer

Thread: Beam alignment prodedure Laserpro Explorer

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Beam alignment prodedure Laserpro Explorer

Hi, we had an engineer come to our school to fit a new laser tube to our explorer a week or so ago. When we tried cutting yesterday we found that the X axis produced a slanted edge.It will be at least a week before we can get him back to sort out the alignment (which he should have checked before leaving), so we have decided to learn about aligning the beam for ourselves. I have manged to download the maintenace manual for the exporer but also saw on the laserprona.com support section that they have some pdf files for laser beam aligning but you have to be a customer to download it. I will contact them on Monday to see if we could have a copy but as we are in the UK and not one of their customers they might be reluctant I just wondered if anybody has any of these files that they could share or any other advice would be appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi there
    allways if you want help we need a picture .
    but in general the alignement are the sam procedure, you start on the first mirror after the laser tube for all mirror use a thick tape over it then hit the laser test botton short see where the beam burns it needs to be exactly in the center of the mirror the first mirror is very importand if it is to high or low adjust the hight with the holder if it is sidewise adjust it with the screws.
    then move on to the second mirror thats the one what sits on the gantry ( the piece what moves in Y direction) sam procedure , tape over short laser test botton and look if it is center fine then move the gantry to the other end do the same test fire if it is not in the center adjust with the screws on the mirror holder then go back to the other end and check again do the adjustment with the screws again do this back and forth untill the beam is exactly in center.
    then move on to the mirror what is on the laser head here is the same but to adjust this you need to use the screws on miror two. here is more you need to go in all foer corner of the machine and check this.
    if all of this is correct then to lase rhas the most power. but also clean all the mirrors and the lens.
    onr more thing the adjustment screws sometimes need just a bit turn a 1/4 turn could be allready to much.
    if you got mor questions send me a Pm to a542002@hotmail.com
    greetings
    walt

Quote Originally Posted by edutech View Post
    Hi, we had an engineer come to our school to fit a new laser tube to our explorer a week or so ago. When we tried cutting yesterday we found that the X axis produced a slanted edge.It will be at least a week before we can get him back to sort out the alignment (which he should have checked before leaving), so we have decided to learn about aligning the beam for ourselves. I have manged to download the maintenace manual for the exporer but also saw on the laserprona.com support section that they have some pdf files for laser beam aligning but you have to be a customer to download it. I will contact them on Monday to see if we could have a copy but as we are in the UK and not one of their customers they might be reluctant I just wondered if anybody has any of these files that they could share or any other advice would be appreciated.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your help Walt.