Newbie GCC Laserpro X380 for Laser engraving and cutting?

Thread: GCC Laserpro X380 for Laser engraving and cutting?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default GCC Laserpro X380 for Laser engraving and cutting?

Heys guys,

Need some advice.

In the process of staring a laser engraving and cutting business.

I am deciding on the following machine, GCC Laserpro X380 (100watt laser) Price R155000 ( roughly $20000) incl software, training, installation, compressor, water chiller and air extaction unit.

Any opinions and advice welcome.

Kind regards

Hennis

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hiya Hennis,

100 watts is at the very upper end of what can be used to suit engraving. It will mean that at the tubes lowest strike power (roughly 10%) you may well be pumping more watts than you want to. 80 watts seems to be the upper end for line engraving (as well as being a MUCH cheaper tube replacement) as well as not really being (for practical purpose) that much slower than a 100.
    80 to 150 is a big jump and 100 to 240 is a big jump but the benefits of a 100 over an 80 aren't really there to be honest.
    20K USD? seems very high? I'm not familiar with the machine you write about but there are a large number of direct import machines from people like G.Weike that can beat that by 50% on price. A good point about the GCC machine is they use GSI tubes...(I just googled their site) now that's worth money (GSI supply some of the best DC tubes in the world) but in reality is the extra cost of that really justified in a new business (a GSI will die just as quickly if you forget to turn the water on).

I'd be more inclined to go with a Chinese import as a test bed for your business and then maybe look at a more expensive machine if the cost can be justified.

best wishes

Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm in South Africa , have 6 GCC machines and 2 chinese lasers- give me a call on 021 592 4123 or my cel 082 9550808 to discuss this.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Exsecratio View Post
    Hiya Hennis,

100 watts is at the very upper end of what can be used to suit engraving. It will mean that at the tubes lowest strike power (roughly 10%) you may well be pumping more watts than you want to. 80 watts seems to be the upper end for line engraving (as well as being a MUCH cheaper tube replacement) as well as not really being (for practical purpose) that much slower than a 100.
    80 to 150 is a big jump and 100 to 240 is a big jump but the benefits of a 100 over an 80 aren't really there to be honest.
    20K USD? seems very high? I'm not familiar with the machine you write about but there are a large number of direct import machines from people like G.Weike that can beat that by 50% on price. A good point about the GCC machine is they use GSI tubes...(I just googled their site) now that's worth money (GSI supply some of the best DC tubes in the world) but in reality is the extra cost of that really justified in a new business (a GSI will die just as quickly if you forget to turn the water on).

I'd be more inclined to go with a Chinese import as a test bed for your business and then maybe look at a more expensive machine if the cost can be justified.

best wishes

Dave
    And that's just what I did. Forgot to turn the water chiller on. My X380 came with a Reci 100w - 120w max Z4 tube. I'm heart broken and looking for a new laser tube. Dave, it sounds like you know something about laser tubes. Perhaps you can point me to a good tube that will fit my X380 and cost me less than a fortune. Can I fit a 80w in the place of the 100w without replacing the power supply? Any help is appreciated. Thanks..

Isaiah

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: GCC Laserpro X380 for Laser engraving and cutting?

I think you'll have more luck with Dave (who does know his stuff) on the Sawmill Creek forum rather than this old post.

On his review I recently replaced my reci 150 Watt with a EFR F series 130w and I like it.

You can replace the tube to a lower wattage but you then need to limit you power supply to 75-80 percent max (if you have a laser power meter you can dial it in during testing).

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...