Problem Laser won't start

Thread: Laser won't start

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Laser won't start

Hello everyone,

I got a laser machine from china that has giving me problems since I purchased the machine for the following reasons. 1st no technical support, 2nd no technical support, 3rd no technical support; so, I being learning to use the machine prety much on my own and tips that I get here and in other places. I moved out of state and now that I'm setting up the machine it won't start; can someone help me here and provide me with a troubleshoting guide (what to check) in order to isolate the problem.

Sincerely,
    Adrian

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Adrian
    have to say that before you buying it, you'de better do a research on after-sale service thing.
    1.what kind of laser machine you got, laser marker or laser engraver&cutter?
    2.if it is laser engraver&cutter, is there any light on? What are they? Or is there a alarm when you start the machine?Or X/Y axis can not move? Give some details.

Kofi

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Adrian, so the machine was working before you moved it?

Does it initialize when powered up or is it completely dead?

If it's dead, check the EMO switch is released, rotate it so it pops up. These often get pushed when moving systems and are overlooked as the problem.

If it powers up and initializes but the laser won't fire, then I suspect the tube was damaged during the move. This should be easy to see, check for any water getting inside the inner vacuum tube or broken connections (ensure the laser is disconnected from the supply).

Zax.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default thank you

Hello Kufi and zax,

First thanks for replying to my help cry

OK let's start the machine is an engraver & cutter laser, the machine won't start at all is completely dead, I cover the basics: there is power in the wall outlet, the machine's power cable is good, check the emo switch to make sure it was in the ON position including another switch that uses a key to close the circuit. There is no LED's ON, there is no alarm sound, there is water going through the laser tube and is not broken or cracked.

what else can I check??

the power supply is a switching power supply?

I have a voltmeter how can I check that there is output from the power supply?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by adrianhdezch View Post
    Hello Kufi and zax,

First thanks for replying to my help cry

OK let's start the machine is an engraver & cutter laser, the machine won't start at all is completely dead, I cover the basics: there is power in the wall outlet, the machine's power cable is good, check the emo switch to make sure it was in the ON position including another switch that uses a key to close the circuit. There is no LED's ON, there is no alarm sound, there is water going through the laser tube and is not broken or cracked.

what else can I check??

the power supply is a switching power supply?

hi i studyd electronics etc. but if i read your post especially the last sentence ,i have 1 advise.
    please dont /touch measure the machine you dont know even the basics of electricity.......
    ask a friend or so who has some knowledge of electronics.
    sorry but to advise you is a big risk.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Curious,

Thanks for your two cents

But how do you know I did'nt studied electronics as well

Last edited by adrianhdezch; 07-05-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Kufi and zax,

Just wanted to let you know that the machine is working for know I believe that the reason for the failure might be to a false contact; therefore, I'll get someone to troubleshoot the machine for loose connections.

By the way I have to give thanks to Rabbit Laser they helped me a lot……given that I didn't purchase the machine from them.

Thanks Kufi and zax and special thanks to Rabbit Laser

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Curious,

Thanks for your two cents and since you know something about electronics I have a question for you

Do you know the difference between a switching power supply and an analog power supply????

I know the difference.............do you know the difference because???????????
    its not important what i know , but what you don't know.
    and play with electricity without basic knowledge is a big risk.
    ive seen many accidents , that's why i advised you to get help.
    only an idiot would give you the advise to do it yourself.
    who takes responsibility when you touch a wrong wire and electrocute yourself ????

just think about it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Curious,

Thanks for your two cents

But how do you know I did'nt studied electronics as well
    because an electrician would not ask this question ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Electrician???

Hi Curious,

because an electrician would not ask this question ?

There you go again an electrician has nothing to do with electronics at least here in the U.S.

A switching power supply needs a load to work not like a regular analog power supply that will work without a load.

Anyway, thanks for nothing so long

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Curious,

There you go again an electrician has nothing to do with electronics at least here in the U.S.
    in that case please take my apology, i didnt know the education system is very different than here in europe.
    (eg. in my case the netherlands)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Lazer problem's

What is the name of your machine, we have the same problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everyone,

I got a laser machine from china that has giving me problems since I purchased the machine for the following reasons. 1st no technical support, 2nd no technical support, 3rd no technical support; so, I being learning to use the machine prety much on my own and tips that I get here and in other places. I moved out of state and now that I'm setting up the machine it won't start; can someone help me here and provide me with a troubleshoting guide (what to check) in order to isolate the problem.

Sincerely,
    Adrian
    Hi Adrian:

sorry to hear that.

we are manufactuer of laser engraving/cutting machine,cnc router for many years.

pls contact me,i hope i can help you:

Nancy zhang
    Jinan Jindiao Technology Co., Ltd
    www.jdengraver.com; Jinan Jindiao Technology Co., Ltd.
    M.P:86-18660116005
    Email: nancy@jdcutters.com
    MSN: jd.market27@hotmail.com

Nancy zhang(manufacturer of laser engraving machine cnc router Email: nancy@jdcutters.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by monoblock View Post
    What is the name of your machine, we have the same problem

Hi monoblock:

sorry to hear that.

we are manufactuer of laser engraving/cutting machine,cnc router for many years.

pls contact me,i hope i can help you:

Nancy zhang
    Jinan Jindiao Technology Co., Ltd
    www.jdengraver.com; Jinan Jindiao Technology Co., Ltd.
    M.P:86-18660116005
    Email: nancy@jdcutters.com
    MSN: jd.market27@hotmail.com

Nancy zhang(manufacturer of laser engraving machine cnc router Email: nancy@jdcutters.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey, hate to give the whole "have you plugged it in" speech, but I know a lot of these MIC lasers are 220VAC, not 120VAC... Just a heads up, cheers

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

sorry you're having problems and I don't envy the journey you are on.

I ordered a chinese laser just before last Christmas and, I will admit, was close to bloody tears at one point - trying to get the thing to turn on!... wait until you try to get it doing stuff... that's where the fun begins!

Ok, my journey was like this - I hope it helps!

first of all, after pulling the monster out of a crate my machine wouldn't turn on. I tried several different plugs (as I'm sure you have) and I then opened up the machine. Inside the machine, near the power input there were 2 fuses. One had blown - i replaced the fuse and plugged it in... it didn't work

I then spent "ages" trying to figure out what the hell was goind on. Turns out that the Emergency stop button was (for want of a better word) "buggared". a soldering iron session later and the Emergency stop button was disabled and the machine finally turned on. It took me 2 days to get this far!

Then, once the machine powered up, getting the software loaded was a ball ache. It took me over a day to get coreldraw with the manufacturers software loaded. The instructions were crap - but if you actually read them aloud (rather than in your head - I don't know why it helped, I just remember that it did) with a pen and paper by your side then you can do it (just)

Once software was loaded and machine connected to COM3 I sent my first design to the laser.... IT MOVED!

But sadly no ball of fire from my tube.... something wasn't connected - somewhere.

I had to take most of the casing away to find 2 of the smallest wires in the world that weren't connected - the laser then kicked in.

If none of the above was useful then I really do hope you get your chinese man on skype and give him hell... in my experience they speak great English right up to the point that you pay - it then gets harder to understand them.

Oh, one more thing... my laser (once I got into the backend of the machine stats) had done over 500 hours of work!! so check that out. If you're in the UK and you need a spare laser tube then let me know. I bought 6 of them (only 50w - 1 metre long) and they work great - happy to sell them to someone in need for cost price if needed (I got quoted £1700 from a UK company - yet bought them in China for $175 each)

Anyway, hope some/part of that helps. Good luck!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Laser won't start

Adrian, did you find out what the problem was?
    I have the same problem but mine is brand new and i have used it for about 3 minutes.
    I could use some help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by petebham View Post
    sorry you're having problems and I don't envy the journey you are on.

I ordered a chinese laser just before last Christmas and, I will admit, was close to bloody tears at one point - trying to get the thing to turn on!... wait until you try to get it doing stuff... that's where the fun begins!

Ok, my journey was like this - I hope it helps!

first of all, after pulling the monster out of a crate my machine wouldn't turn on. I tried several different plugs (as I'm sure you have) and I then opened up the machine. Inside the machine, near the power input there were 2 fuses. One had blown - i replaced the fuse and plugged it in... it didn't work

I then spent "ages" trying to figure out what the hell was goind on. Turns out that the Emergency stop button was (for want of a better word) "buggared". a soldering iron session later and the Emergency stop button was disabled and the machine finally turned on. It took me 2 days to get this far!

Then, once the machine powered up, getting the software loaded was a ball ache. It took me over a day to get coreldraw with the manufacturers software loaded. The instructions were crap - but if you actually read them aloud (rather than in your head - I don't know why it helped, I just remember that it did) with a pen and paper by your side then you can do it (just)

Once software was loaded and machine connected to COM3 I sent my first design to the laser.... IT MOVED!

But sadly no ball of fire from my tube.... something wasn't connected - somewhere.

I had to take most of the casing away to find 2 of the smallest wires in the world that weren't connected - the laser then kicked in.

If none of the above was useful then I really do hope you get your chinese man on skype and give him hell... in my experience they speak great English right up to the point that you pay - it then gets harder to understand them.

Oh, one more thing... my laser (once I got into the backend of the machine stats) had done over 500 hours of work!! so check that out. If you're in the UK and you need a spare laser tube then let me know. I bought 6 of them (only 50w - 1 metre long) and they work great - happy to sell them to someone in need for cost price if needed (I got quoted £1700 from a UK company - yet bought them in China for $175 each)

Anyway, hope some/part of that helps. Good luck!
    Hi mine is same problem I set it up with software it worked ok I was doing laser work on slate it cut of I noticed it had tripped a switch on my household meter it wont start up at all now