Need Help! Redsail laser m55

Thread: Redsail laser m55

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Redsail laser m55

Hello. my first post as i'm experiencing a few problems with my laser. Its a redsail m500 with 60w tube and a new 80w PSu as the original one supplied was typically underpowered. Anyway, used the machine today, no problems, no overheating. Switched it off to rest it, but when i turned it back on there was no power. Nothing is working. I'm hoping its an internal fuse as the power cables fine, and i've checked the emergency off switch just in case i foolishly nudged it. does anyone know how many internal fuse there are and where to locate them? The only one i can see is teh glass one on the psu board.

many thanks

Colin

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Redsail laser m55

Colin,

There is a 20mm x 5mm glass fuse in the power cord receptacle. It is very hard to see. Please look at the inserted picture showing a small pull plastic drawer wherein the fuse is hidden. It is not well marked on the power cord receptacle.

Redsail laser m55-fused-receptacle-jpg

Colin,

One more thought. If you are in the USA, you are using a 110v to 220v power converter to run your laser. If you are using the one that came with the Redsail, then be aware that only one of the outlets on the front of the convert is putting out 220v, the other one that is marked 110v is actually putting out 110v. It is easy to misunderstand and believe that both outlets are 220v. If you plug the laser into the the 110v outlet, it will turn on and it will lase, but the laser will pull double the amps and the laser output will be greatly reduced. The reason for this is the LVPS that powers the MCB works from 90v to 240 due to internal voltage regulators. The laser HVPS, is rated for 220v, and will not put out full amps at 110v. Instead, the HVPS will pull additional amps and that can lead to blowing the fuse and melting internal plastic parts, such as the power cord receptacle, on/off switch and auxiliary outlets on the back of the machine. Also, make sure you have a good ground going to the ground screw on the back of the laser.

Rinconchuck

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you. I contacted Redsail and managed to get the answer just before you posted. And it was the fuse that had blown. Very difficult to find but cheap to repair. thank you for your help. I'm in the UK so fortunately the 110 voltage problem doesn't occur.

Colin