vector art 3D sample

Thread: vector art 3D sample

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default vector art 3D sample

i cut this with my rockcliff cnc and a toshiba laptop with a pcmicia parallel port. the results speak for themself.
    i used vector machinist and mach3.
    it was cut with cheap bits on mdf so i can test the system.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vector art 3D sample-dsc00677-jpg  
    Last edited by craigtx; 01-06-2008 at 10:02 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Very nice. the Vector Art 3D files are really great. I have a variety of them myself. I only wish I had the money to buy them all at once!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Small gift

Copied this idea from another thread. Bought the rope and marine emblem from http://www.vectorart3d.com/. Cut with a 3/32-inch ball nose in one pass with 10% overstep.

Still need a bit of touch up sanding and plan on giving it a metal bronze finish with paint from hawkeyeshobbies.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vector art 3D sample-3-jpg   vector art 3D sample-4-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have Mach 3. What software do I need to be able to buy and run the vector art? I mean what type of cad/cam program do I need? Thanks for your help.

Downloads
    Uploads

avirostick

Go to the vectorart3d link provided above.

They sell 3D artwork that you can machine with the free software they provide.

This software will only machine files bought from their site. It is a cut down version of Vectric Cut3D. All the Vectric products are excellent.

They also offer a few free sample 3D files to try it all out.

Greg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks. So all I need is Cut 3d and the dxf image(vector 3d art), and I'm good to go?

Downloads
    Uploads

You don't even need Cut3D. Just download the 3D machinist.

http://www.vectorart3d.com/machinist_free/

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

"Cut3D" is the software that you can buy from Vectric.

"Vector Art 3D-Machinist" is software that Vector Art 3D provide for free to produce toolpaths for the artwork they sell. It only handles their artwork.

Cut3D will cut the same artwork plus many other types of 3D model. But it is not free.

Cut3D is excellent software and you may consider purchasing it.

However I suggest that if you are wanting to purchase artwork from Vector Art 3D then try their free software first.

Greg

EDIT: I am a slow typist and Gerry posted while I tapped.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lovebugjunkie View Post
    Copied this idea from another thread. Bought the rope and marine emblem from http://www.vectorart3d.com/. Cut with a 3/32-inch ball nose in one pass with 10% overstep.

Still need a bit of touch up sanding and plan on giving it a metal bronze finish with paint from hawkeyeshobbies.
    Which machine did you use to make this?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It looks like a ROMAXX to me. www.romaxxcnc.com. Looks like a nice machine.

Russ

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default V3D Problem

Hello, I have a problem... new to CNC, just finished my build, running Mach3 and testing machine for 3D work using VA 3D Machinist. I have successfully cut 2D using Cut2D....

THE PROBLEM: I downloaded a sample file The Flur'Dele ( not spelled right ) I watched the tutorial for Cut 3d, then loaded the file, set everything up and generated the G-Code, for the Finishing Tool Path ... I am cutting in 2 inch pink foam so I didn't need a roughing path. I zeroed my machine and checked my soft limits etc. then regenerated my tool paths. I started the cycle and the cut started... but didn't look quite right...how every it then seemed to get on track everything seemed to be going fine... the machine was cutting perfectly and the carved image was coming out fine. when it was about 95% done, the cutter lifted and moved around a bit irattically... then dropped into the carved image... and made a few quick passes... lifts & drops and ruined the carved image... then it lifted up and went to a position as if it haad gone home... but was actually about 3 Inches off of its correct Y Axis position.. I have attached the Cut3D file and the tool path code...can anyone tell me what I've done wrong? I think the machine is fine... it's something I'm doing. all help is much appreciated.

Paul Imacman, Newfoundland

PS:... can someone send me some G-Code for a 3D image that I can carve/test?... I would like to do a test cut in the 2" foam I have.. maybe something that I can cut with a 1/4" ballnose cutter about 6" X6" 1" deep? that way I can test using a known file that is good? Thanks

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Imacman; 02-18-2012 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Software Use Correction ( actually using VA 3D MAchinist )

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 3d models for cnc

STL models here

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vector art 3D sample-1-242-jpg   vector art 3D sample-1-243-jpg   vector art 3D sample-corbel-cnc-jpg   vector art 3D sample-pad-furniture-jpg  

vector art 3D sample-mirror-cnc2-jpg   vector art 3D sample-mirror-cnc-jpg   vector art 3D sample-bed-cnc-2-jpg   vector art 3D sample-bed-cnc-jpg  

vector art 3D sample-order_bed-1-2-jpg   vector art 3D sample-183-jpg   vector art 3D sample-corbel-cnc-jpg   vector art 3D sample-201-jpg  

vector art 3D sample-bagette-cnc-jpg   vector art 3D sample-mirror-jpg   vector art 3D sample-ekran-jpg   vector art 3D sample-table-jpg  

vector art 3D sample-ladder-cnc-jpg   vector art 3D sample-fireplace-cnc-jpg