5 axis cnc design - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 axis cnc design

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 5 axis cnc design

If making parts in metal is your goal, I'd say look out for a used commercial CNC machine that is taking up space in someone's shop which they need for a new machine. Often machines like that go for a small fraction of what they cost originally, or even what they'll fetch as scrap iron. Often the main thing the owner wants is someone who will take it away. If you can fix a broken controller, or replace it with a new one, you can end up with a very capable mill for not much money at all, much better than the problematic hobby machines you're seeing advertised on Aliexpress. But if you can bring someone with you when you look at it who knows about machinery of this sort, they can help you avoid machines that are worn out in certain places, which happens if a mill has been dedicated to making a single part over and over again for years on end.

Andrew Werby
    Website

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Firstly, you must ask yourself, what kind of things or products you want your cnc machine to make? For myself, ten years ago, I planned to do plastic prototype first and, later on, I changed my mind to build some aluminum prototype injection molds instead. Luckily, the original bought European-made router machine still can do that aluminum machining. Now, I want to build a new one on my own that can machine aluminum as well as slight cutting of steel. So, it means that if you have not experience, you need to go step by step. Secondly, if you are a fresh guy of Cnc, metal machining, Cnc electronic or Cad/Cam. It is highly recommended that you buy a good ready-made one or CNC kit instead of building one on your own. None of experience will just waste a lot of your money. If you are eagerly to have a diy one and will have patient to do it in long term and long time. You need to have some friends to teach you by your side to tell you what you are right or wrong. Then, you can do that. Also, do more research on internet and youtube. There are numerous things you can learn and good machine design to follow to build.

Downloads
    Uploads

UNknown unknowns!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you know how to program 5 axis in mastercam ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12