Question about Sizing an Air Compressor for Air Assist (when I don't need pure N2)

Thread: Question about Sizing an Air Compressor for Air Assist (when I don't need pure N2)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Question about Sizing an Air Compressor for Air Assist (when I don't need pure N2)

Howdy all,
    I have a 2kw machine in bound and I am trying to see if my current air compressor is big enough for the fiber laser cutter? When I do math on a 1mm nozzle I get a CFM flow of around .01cfm at 145 psi (1Mpa) as a baseline... I realize that boosting (and larger nozzles ) will be required for thicker materials but is the actual flow coming out of the tip of the head really that trivial? Reading on line folks are suggesting HUGE compressors..

Thanks all in advance.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Question about Sizing an Air Compressor for Air Assist (when I don't need pure N2

Hi,
    i have a 3Kw machine and i use Air for cutting up to 3mm Steel and Stainless.
    The maximum pressure i need is 12Bar. When we got the machine the manifacturer ask for a lot more and didn't recommend Air for thicker than 1mm.
    After a lot of tests we found out that high demand on pressure is not crucial. The nozzle we use for 3mm materials is 2.0S
    Recently i setup a 12Kw fiber and got the same resaults but for a bigger range of materials.(Up to 6mm steel was very good the product)
    I hope this was helpful.