Need Help! 50W Fiber Laser engraver USB not recognised!!!

Thread: 50W Fiber Laser engraver USB not recognised!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 50W Fiber Laser engraver USB not recognised!!!

So I purchased this machined a couple of months ago:

https://www.alibaba.com/pla/Good-pri...xoCMGMQAvD_BwE

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...v7KYs&usqp=CAc

It is a Raycus laser engraver 50W in a cabinet.

I set it up all good, been cutting for a few days with no issue. Suddenly I start getting messages that the USB device drivers are not installed, Win automatically detects the drivers and no problem there but it was starting to get annoying. Anyways one day while cutting it suddenly stops and the same message comes up but this time it does not recognize the USB device. Uninstaled the device. Win detects it, but it no longer list the device but without the relevant driver. It now list it as an unknown device. When trying to update the driver, it does not do it either.

I believe it is probably the control board that crapped out. Manufacturer has magically disappeared, refusing to answer my DMs or e-mails. Before I make a very expensive mistake of purchasing a new board (which I don't know when it will crap out again)..... any advise to confirm this is the case?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 50W Fiber Laser engraver USB not recognised!!!

Any suggestion would be greatly welcome before I do something stupid... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by buffedupboy View Post
    So I purchased this machined a couple of months ago:

https://www.alibaba.com/pla/Good-pri...xoCMGMQAvD_BwE

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...v7KYs&usqp=CAc

It is a Raycus laser engraver 50W in a cabinet.

I set it up all good, been cutting for a few days with no issue. Suddenly I start getting messages that the USB device drivers are not installed, Win automatically detects the drivers and no problem there but it was starting to get annoying. Anyways one day while cutting it suddenly stops and the same message comes up but this time it does not recognize the USB device. Uninstaled the device. Win detects it, but it no longer list the device but without the relevant driver. It now list it as an unknown device. When trying to update the driver, it does not do it either.

I believe it is probably the control board that crapped out. Manufacturer has magically disappeared, refusing to answer my DMs or e-mails. Before I make a very expensive mistake of purchasing a new board (which I don't know when it will crap out again)..... any advise to confirm this is the case?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi i seem to be having the same problem, did you manage to resolve your issue?
    Thanks
    Baz

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Bazzaroo View Post
    Hi i seem to be having the same problem, did you manage to resolve your issue?
    Thanks
    Baz
    Yes and no? The laser started working again and I'm not even sure why. But it stops working every now and then. I can only assume there is some issue with the board.