Help, I am looking for a fiber laser engraver with X-Y table and cutting ability

Thread: Help, I am looking for a fiber laser engraver with X-Y table and cutting ability

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Help, I am looking for a fiber laser engraver with X-Y table and cutting ability

Hello Folks,

I already own a 50w chinese CO2 laser machine, but it cannot cut metal. Right now I am looking into buying a fiber laser engraver, partly because this is what I think I can afford, partly because I think (maybe wrongly) that I could use it for cutting maximum 1mm thick stainless (even if fairly slowly and in case there is one with enough power). I saw that these machines can be purchased with an x-y table, which would be great for getting straight cuts . . . in case instead of using the galvo mirrors, just having the beam vertical and move the table underneath instead (use it in x-y cutting mode). Now this is what I know almost nothing about. The machines I see on the net equipped with an x-y table, can they be used as lasercutters, or is the x-y table only ment for holding several parts and engrave them in the same fashion? I hope you know what I mean. How much power is needed to cut 1mm thick stainless? Any advice, also on brands, types, what should I look at etc. would be highly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help, I am looking for a fiber laser engraver with X-Y table and cutting ability

Hello bro, it requires at least 280W.

But I'm not an engineer, can not tell you lots of details to build your own one

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help, I am looking for a fiber laser engraver with X-Y table and cutting ability

Quote Originally Posted by michaelcn View Post
    Hello bro, it requires at least 280W.

But I'm not an engineer, can not tell you lots of details to build your own one

I don't want to build one, just buy one but thanks anyway.
    I am wondering if there is some place on the web where all information is collected on what machines are available, what price, how reliable etc. There seem to be too many chinese companies and God knows which one to pick.

I think the smallest power of fiber laser is 500w. it can cut 3-5mm steel around.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Zovax View Post
    Hello Folks,

I already own a 50w chinese CO2 laser machine, but it cannot cut metal. Right now I am looking into buying a fiber laser engraver, partly because this is what I think I can afford, partly because I think (maybe wrongly) that I could use it for cutting maximum 1mm thick stainless (even if fairly slowly and in case there is one with enough power). I saw that these machines can be purchased with an x-y table, which would be great for getting straight cuts . . . in case instead of using the galvo mirrors, just having the beam vertical and move the table underneath instead (use it in x-y cutting mode). Now this is what I know almost nothing about. The machines I see on the net equipped with an x-y table, can they be used as lasercutters, or is the x-y table only ment for holding several parts and engrave them in the same fashion? I hope you know what I mean. How much power is needed to cut 1mm thick stainless? Any advice, also on brands, types, what should I look at etc. would be highly appreciated.
    Hi Zovax, 500W fiber laser machine will be enough for cutting 1mm stainless. Hope your problem has been solved!

Hi, here comes perfect answer,

Firstly, to cut 1mm thick stainless steel need 500w laser cutting machine at least.

1. The principle of laser cutting is that in a very short period of time, the heat generated by a certain power laser generator at the focal point through the lens can at least completely melt the object. The required power depends on the physical characteristics of the cutting object. Such as the absorption of reflection and absorption of light.
    2. Laser engraving and cutting are exactly the same thing. Different cutting is to completely melt the object, while engraving is to melt the surface or completely melt. For example, hollowing out is completely melting, but actually cutting.
    3. The platform galvanometer laser welding or cutting is a semi-automatic operation. Through the program, you can control the trajectory of the branch, that is, according to the welding or cutting requirements of the workpiece, set the XYZ axis, the four axis, the five axis movement direction, pay attention to the XY platform galvanometer welding needs Install the fixture, and you manually unload the material.

Downloads
    Uploads

Attention ne pense meme pas a acheter une machine de chez GWEIkE .ce sont des arnaqueur avec leur distributeur .