Need Help! Fanuc Robocut Alpha 0C Power Up Issue

Thread: Fanuc Robocut Alpha 0C Power Up Issue

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Fanuc Robocut Alpha 0C Power Up Issue

Good day gentlemen,

I have a problem with Fanuc Robocut alpha 0C Wire EDM machine. In the past it worked no problem at all. I left it switched off for about 2 weeks. A couple of days ago I was trying to power it back on by pressing the ON button on CNC unit (as I usually do) and it would come on for a split second (the ON button would light up) and then immediately cut out. Every other try it would power up, CNC side of thing would boot up no problem, I even managed to move my axes around and run a programme, but shortly after it shuts itself down. I had this happen to me multiple times now and can't seem to keep the machine running properly. I had a look at the back of it where all the PCBs and PSU are but there is nothing obvious to my untrained eye. All accessible fuses seem to be fine, couldn't see any dodgy wiring. As soon as machine shuts, timer relay resets and you need to wait a couple of minutes to be able to try to power it on again, but I am pretty sure that's standard? There is also a circuit breaker for inverters which power up pumps. I tried switching that one off just to isolate certain areas, but the machine would shut down and with circuit breaker in off position too. We did recently have some nasty weather here in Scotland and our shop got slightly flooded but the machine was always on the feet and the water level in the shop was never higher than them.

Any ideas on where i might need to look, what to check before calling in maintenance guy?

Thanks!