Sodick A500W Mark 20 help

Thread: Sodick A500W Mark 20 help

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Sodick A500W Mark 20 help

Hello,

I recently bought a used wire EDM, Sodick A500W with Mark 20 control. Unfortunately, I didn't get a user manual with it. I learnt many of its functions by refering to a Mark 25 manual online.

On the Mark 20 control, there are a set of 9 green lights, out of which the one marked "5", turns red at low currents (like those for a 2nd cut/skim cut) or before a cut starts. If it is red, the wire just crowds into the work piece with tiny sparks and no cutting at all.

If I press HALT and then RESET, the machine will change the red to green first, then red, and as soon as the cut starts with high power (as by now the wire is in contact with the work piece), the light turns green and the cut goes normally (only when at high current).

If there is any problem during the cut, perhaps an open area where there is no material, the light goes red and I have to repeat this HALT RESET procedure when it is time for the next cut to begin.

Any help regarding this is appreciated. What do those 9 lights signify?

(Image attached)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Sodick A500W Mark 20 help

Quote Originally Posted by Subbu2517 View Post
    Hello,

I recently bought a used wire EDM, Sodick A500W with Mark 20 control. Unfortunately, I didn't get a user manual with it. I learnt many of its functions by refering to a Mark 25 manual online.

On the Mark 20 control, there are a set of 9 green lights, out of which the one marked "5", turns red at low currents (like those for a 2nd cut/skim cut) or before a cut starts. If it is red, the wire just crowds into the work piece with tiny sparks and no cutting at all.

If I press HALT and then RESET, the machine will change the red to green first, then red, and as soon as the cut starts with high power (as by now the wire is in contact with the work piece), the light turns green and the cut goes normally (only when at high current).

If there is any problem during the cut, perhaps an open area where there is no material, the light goes red and I have to repeat this HALT RESET procedure when it is time for the next cut to begin.

Any help regarding this is appreciated. What do those 9 lights signify?

(Image attached)
    I don't have a Mark20 control but I run Sodick wires, I do believe your machine is telling you the conditions for the cut are poor. I would try making some offset adjustments to remove some extra stock before that cut. If there is to much stock it basically wants to short out, the conditions aren't strong enough for the cut it is trying to make which will give you results of what you described, the cut is bogging out.