good used machines with good support, what to look for?

Thread: good used machines with good support, what to look for?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default good used machines with good support, what to look for?

I did a little trading a few years ago and wound up with a 1993 model Fanuc Robocut wire EDM. Previous t this I have never messed with one before and this one had some problems we found out. cleaned the connections in the tank, new guides, contacts, filters etc. Now the EPack? info wasn't on the machine but I got the book with it all in it. However when I try to use the info for a given thickness of material it just breaks wire. I can make it cut but it's real slow. As in book shows it should cut say 0.170 a min and it cuts 0.030. Called Fanuc and the closest tech to me is like 500+ miles away.

I guess what I want to know is an idea of which machines are decent to buy used ( can't justify a new one for doing repair work here in stamping shop really) but has good support as far as tech info and parts and fairly easy to use. I've been trying to find as much info as I can on this one but not many users and no one in this area close to have come check it. What brand names to look at and which to stay away from, stuff like that.

Thanks!