Need Help! Help with Brother HS-300

Thread: Help with Brother HS-300

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help with Brother HS-300

Need a little help from the gang here. I have been using a Brother HS-300 for years. No formal training, just trial and error. I mostly do stainless steel in 304 and 303. Most of the time it is a .01" slot anywhere from .4 to 1.1" deep. Height of the material varies from 1.8" to 2.75" tall. Using .008" hard brass wire.

Every once in a while I can fire it up and cut my slots with little trouble, but sometimes I struggle with wire breakage for a while before it starts running smoothly.

What I would like to know is what conditions you would set for these parts. Right now running 303 SS part that is 2.75" tall and the slot is 1.105" deep. I would like to know what conditions you would set for that part. Not worried about finish or anything, it is just a blade that passes through it. Please let me know what you would set it at. Maybe the HS-50 would be the same, I'm not sure though.

Thanks in advance.

1. SPEED
    2. SPARK CYCLE
    3. SPARK ENERGY
    4. WIRE SPEED
    5. WIRE TENSION
    6. WATER CONDITION
    7. SPARK RATE