Edge find issue (Robocut Alpha 1b)

Thread: Edge find issue (Robocut Alpha 1b)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Edge find issue (Robocut Alpha 1b)

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Our robocut suddenly decided it didn't want to pick up edges correctly, moving well past the edge I want to pick up (actually center of a hole) and sometimes throwing "Alarm 67". I've gone through all the wires on the heads and table, cleaned them etc. Those all seem fine. Taken the heads apart and cleaned them as well and still the same issue..

Been having issues with crazy fast rust / corrosion issues as well if that might have something to do with it (Haven't really dug into that problem yet.. One thing at a time.. (at least thats what I keep telling myself)). I don't suppose anyone has seen a digital version of the user manual for this machine either?

ANY suggestions about the edge finding issue (or any other for that matter) would be great!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Edge find issue (Robocut Alpha 1b)-20220215_105446-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Edge find issue (Robocut Alpha 1b)

This workpiece onthe picture looks very bad. Is it cast iron? If it is it's covered with oxidation on the outside and it's non conductive too.
    Edgr of the hole also looks quite rusty, and it definitelly doesn't help. While edge finding there is very low voltage between wire and table so surfaces needs to be clean for proper action.

About fast rusting U may consider replacing ion exchange resin, or at least flush it wit air stream for now. Low eficiency of ion exchange makes corrosion faster.

Downloads
    Uploads

It's 4140.. It looks like that from the wire work I was able to do before this issue came up.. I've cleaned up the edges I'm trying to pick up (with a dremel).. The guys who made the part on the lathe before I got it are not happy about the rust/corrosion at all..

Downloads
    Uploads

No one else? Still haven't been able to make progress on this problem.. Suggestions from Methods Machine hasn't helped either.. :-(

Downloads
    Uploads

Did U try to search edges on some other part?

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, I tried that as well. Same thing..

Downloads
    Uploads

There is no any magic. If wires and energy blocks are ok. Table is clean and wire feed and tension is on it has to find contact.
    U can chceck if there is short circuit sensing between wire and table by lamp on the keyboard.
    And of course U can find missing contact between terminals behind keyboard - power wires - table- work wire- guides- power wires - terminals.
    There must be some hole.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the help Steryd, I'm not sure what was (and probably still is) going on, but the machine decided to cooperate again and is working... Gunna keep digging but got to make parts :-)