EDM machine - working table doesnt move

Thread: EDM machine - working table doesnt move

Downloads
    Uploads

Default EDM machine - working table doesnt move

Hello,

I have a wire cutting machine (FANUC TAPE CUT MODEL I, MATRA: 945 Series: 6m system).

The machine was purchased a long time ago in Germany, with no technical documentation supported.

The machine was working great for many years without experiencing any big issues. Now, I have a problem that I am not able to fix.

Here is the scenario:

- When the machine is in auto mode, the working table doesn’t move.

- When I say auto mode, I set a switch from JOG to MEMORY mode, enable all conditions (wire, tension, power, water), and press the START connector. After pressing START connectors on the screen the working desk is not moving and the positions of the X and Y axis are not moving as well.

- Also, I am not able to send the machine in a reference point in auto mode, in manual yes.

When I run the machine in the Manual mode, “set switch to JOG” – I am able to move the working desk. X and Y coordinates are working.

Any information would be very useful.

Thanks,

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: EDM machine - working table doesnt move

Hi,

I have similar machine (W2). I had similar problem.
    Possible solution:
    The machine have addition safty switches: workspace cover and cover of cabin of waste wire .
    I have similar machine (W2). I had similar problem.
    I can take pictures if you don't find.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I am looking at it but the only switch I see is for changing parameters.

Do you mind to take a picture please, it may solve my problem too.

Thanks in advance,
    Dzenad

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dzenad!

I don't know your type exactly (Type: L ???), but I think this failure or situation is same as. Missing enable signal from something status switch. Plexi cover!!!!
    As I mentioned: my W2 has waste bin of used wire with cover with switched monitoring. I hate the cover, therefor I hacked the sensor-switch. I glued it down. I attaching a pictures with red circle where are switches. I am not near the mahine, I haven't got better photo.

So, I have another machine, it is Fanuc T3 without cover and door but it is running. You can change the parameter of machine according to deactivate switch monitoring.
    Tomorrow I study for it.

Best regards, Elek.EDM machine - working table doesnt move-20170311_084459-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EDM machine - working table doesnt move-20170311_084459-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Elek,

Thank you for the image. Unfortunately, I am not able to find the switch. I don't have machine documentation as well and not able to find what parameter to change.

Please check the link where I uploaded few images. https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...ZC?usp=sharing

On the machine, there is a stamp Fanuc Matra Tape Cut model I. I guess It is the first model of this kind. After you see images, maybe you can navigate me. I think we have the same problems.

If the machine is moving in Manual mode, by pressing X and Y connectors I think electrical motors are in function. What is your opinion?

Regards,

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dzenad,
    sorry for late answer.
    Yes I think, too. The cutting process wait for something enable signal. I showed by red circle in your picture: these are the buttons (cover switch). You have to sure it is short-close and all other (if you find). Unfortunately, you need disassembly (unscrew the plates). I look the machine is without cover, therefore I think somebody make the short circuit earlier. Maybe it is released (open).
    Sorry, I didn't study the parameters, yet.
    ElekEDM machine - working table doesnt move-your_fanuc-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EDM machine - working table doesnt move-your_fanuc-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dzenad,

I compared the parameters of my machines. I have machine book to all together (Fanuc W2 and T3). I dont know, what mean are the below parameters (in the machine book not mention), but these are different. Please, try the change step by step.

P0023: 10000000
    P0024: 01000010

I wait for feedback.

Good luck!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Elek, thanks a lot for the instructions.

Unfortunately, we are not able to solve the issue. I was checking those parameters as well but no luck

It is very unusual, as the machine table is moving in manual mode. When in automatic mode, it stops without any warning or error being displayed.

Is there anything else you have in mind I can try?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dzenad,

if you are in the "auto-mode": can you run program and moving by "dry-run"?

Elek

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Elek,

When the machine is in Auto mode, I cannot run the program with DRY RUN. When I enter that process, after clicking START, the machine just doesn't move the table.

In Manual mode, when the switch is in JOG mode I can move the table manually by pressing the X and Y axis.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dzenad,

this is bad news.
    I have no idea now, I am consulting with colleagues (Fanuc fans) in Hungary (whom I know).

Rtegards, Elek.

Downloads
    Uploads

I tested my W2 machine: it is with switch (cover) controlled. Mean is: if I want to start cutting without cover the machine dosen't move. At the paralell I want to start by dry-run (and without cover), then the machine moving. It is a big different on your situation!
    Unfortunately I haven't got any idea for issue.
    If you want I can scann my parameter from book but it is different for your machine....