My rethreading cycle doesnt work. The rethreading motor wont turn the forks in the rethreading module.

I've been through some steps already:

1.) cleaned the rethreading module components and re-assembled.
2.) replaced the rethreading motor
3.) checked the voltages on the cable that attaches to the rethreading module.
4.) checked the rethreading motor psu pcb at position 25 in the electrical cabinet - it makes 5V from 24V input. This works well, and if you power a rethreading motor with the 5V on the bench, you cannot stall the motor out, it is very strong

on 3.) what I see is that there is about 18V when you measure the switch contacts at the rethreading cable with nothing attached, with the rethreading module plugged in, there's about 6.8V across the switch with no magnet, and 0V with a magnet. The motor voltage measures 5V on the cable with nothing attached, if you run AUX,79 it reads 1.7V DC, then there is a 'rethreading motor fault' alarm. With the modul attached, the motor won't turn, and if you run AUX, 79 nothing happens, but the control seems to think the cycle completed and there is no alarm, but the motor wont turn at all whether the magnet is over the switch or not.

I checked the motor by running it with a bench power supply, it runs strong and draws about 90mA at 5V.

I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my machine's 24V supply. it seems weak, like the rethreading motor pulls the voltage down and it cant supply enough current to make the motor turn.

any experience with rethreading circuits on the Robofil 310/510?