Need Help! HELP PLEASE

Thread: HELP PLEASE

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default HELP PLEASE

The machine that I use daily is a Mitsubishi FA20 edm. Lately I have been running into 2 problems that I cant seem to fix myself, nor find a solution elsewhere on the internet.

A little bit about what I run daily:
    The product is a medical component in which I am limited to what I can use.
    I run 2 separate fixtures on one program. One fixture is G54 and the second fixture is G55. When I start the program the machine starts on G54 to burn holes. The holes are originally hole popped by a .5MM electrode in a hole popper, then moved to the fa20 to burn the holes bigger. They are burned to .040 by .006 hard brass wire (OKI brand). Then it moves to G55 to burn those holes. After that it moves back to G54 to cut the profile, then back to G55 to cut that profile, then moves to G54 for cut off and then back to G55 for cut off.
    (FA20 always uses the .006 OKI hard brass wire)

First issue:
    When on the hole burning process I have problems with the wire inserting into the holes. I have to -so to say- babysit the machine for 3 to 4 hours while it does this process just to help it thread. (on a side note i do the same process on a Mitsubishi FA10 edm. I DO NOT have to *babysit* the FA10 but have to on the FA20. Same wire and same process.)

Second issue:
    When when the FA20 is done the profile cut on G54 the wire cuts and moves to G55. However, the wire does not vacuum out and stays in the part and bottom feeder. This then causes my machine to shut down and gives me "wire insert error T219" error code. With the wire not vacuuming from G54 the machine can not insert new wire. I can not figure out why the wire will not vacuum. this is putting my production further behind. This, again, does not happen on the FA10 edm.

I am focused more on my second problem since that is happening when I am not at work. The hole problem is deal-able but would love to fix that issue as well.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you in advance
    -korrina

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HELP PLEASE

Does the machine have a hard time 'finding' the .020" hole? Your jet pressure may be too low or the jet itself may be out of alignment. Test the jet in open space at about a 5" height. It should go right into the lower flush cup. Check the pressure too. The jet should make a good dent in your finger and the gage should be at about 9-10 o'clock. There is also a search option you can turn on that will make the machine move in a square spiral motion 'looking' for the hole at every M20 command.

When the machine cuts the wire, it is the pinch rollers in the back that pull the wire out, not the wire collect. Do the pinch rollers spin after the machine cuts the wire?