Problem Sodick AQ325 + AQ327 with Qvik

Thread: Sodick AQ325 + AQ327 with Qvik

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Sodick AQ325 + AQ327 with Qvik

I've got 2 Sodick Wire EDM's one AQ325 and one AQ327. One of the reasons I purchased these was because they were both a stand alone programming systems with Solidworks and Qvik (Esprit) installed on a PC in the machine that connected to the machine control. It works great, It's all at the machine, just drag and drop the solidmodel or 2D drawing into the machine over the network and go.
    My biggest problem is both machine PC's have had to be sent back to Sodick US a few times to reload the Hard Drive. Either the HD gets corrupted or the hand shake between control and PC is lost. I really don't know why this has happened and the support guy's can't tell me either. Does anyone else have Sodick Wire's with this problem?
    Thank You in advance Kevin

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Sodick AQ325 + AQ327 with Qvik

make sure your cabinet is not getting to hot. The Qvic computers do not like to run hot. Also if you are networked make sure your machine are not running in the 192.168.200.XXX range. This will cause the Qvic computers to stop talking to the control. Most of the time its the qvic computer getting overheated due to the cabinet filters getting clogged up or the fans in the pc getting clogged up.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Sodick AQ325 + AQ327 with Qvik

I know this is old thread but it may help someone in the future. My solution to all problems with machine and qvik hdd's, was to replace it with sdd. No problem since.