Need Help! Machine moved before received the arc OK signal

Thread: Machine moved before received the arc OK signal

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Machine moved before received the arc OK signal

Hi everyone, I have a issue with my plasma tube cutting cnc machine and I did'nt solve it yet. Could someone help me.
    I tried to cut the tube 27mm dia with the thru hole 10mm in the face and the first line cut is perfect, the remaining subsequent only partially cut. It seems with the pilot arc torch there is a delayed start each time it fires. The torch fires a second or two after the circle pattern has already started movement. The torch does not fire instantly. I have increased the pierce delay but that didn’t seem to help. Thanks a lot

Machine moved before received the arc OK signal-7f76d89069389366ca29-jpg

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Machine moved before received the arc OK signal-7f76d89069389366ca29-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Machine moved before received the arc OK signal

What brand machine and what software are you using? Some machines (Plasmacam for example) have a setting that will keep the machine from moving until the arc is detected. Perhaps check your software settings to see it that option is available for you.
    David

Machine moved before received the arc OK signal-wait-cutting-signal-moving-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by adbuch View Post
    What brand machine and what software are you using? Some machines (Plasmacam for example) have a setting that will keep the machine from moving until the arc is detected. Perhaps check your software settings to see it that option is available for you.
    David

Machine moved before received the arc OK signal-wait-cutting-signal-moving-jpg
    Many thanks David, I'm using machine which I diy myself with cnckad V15 CAM software. It seems to be come from the controller, I guess. Because when I cut the same part in the cutting list. It worked fine for a period of time (the cutting part be always cut off) and then the problem occured with the subsequent part (as the pic below). I even gave up the THC and used the M3 / M5 command to start / stop directly the plasma source and the end result remained the same.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    From what you are saying: " It seems with the pilot arc torch there is a delayed start each time it fires" perhaps this is caused by the plasma cutter (torch). If you can edit your G-code, perhaps you could insert a dwell G04 to introduce a delay long enough to wait until the plasma cutter is ready to cut again.
    David

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by adbuch View Post
    Hi,
    From what you are saying: " It seems with the pilot arc torch there is a delayed start each time it fires" perhaps this is caused by the plasma cutter (torch). If you can edit your G-code, perhaps you could insert a dwell G04 to introduce a delay long enough to wait until the plasma cutter is ready to cut again.
    David
    That's good idea. I will give it a try. Thank you so much David .

Downloads
    Uploads

Let me know what happens and if you have any improvement.
    David