Candcnc problems

Thread: Candcnc problems

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Candcnc problems

Super sorry for this cause I’m sure it’s covered but I have looked and can’t find it.
    So I just built a 4’ by 8’ plasma table and I purchased the G5 most sold version of Candcnc. I am having a lot of issues and I’m sure it’s all me but I need help.
    Hey have all axis working correct as best I can tell. My issue is sometimes the torch fires and sometimes it doesn’t. I figure a bad connection but I have checked all and everything is new. When the torch does fire it raises .75 or better and the code says .06. I purchased everything new including controller, all cables, software, motors and computer from them. Just put it together Tuesday and trouble every since.
    Any help would be great.
    Thanks
    Steve

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Candcnc problems

first thing I would check is if the plasma is being triggered. if your controllers relay is working and the plasma is triggering but it is not firing the torch. then you might be dealing with a parts in place issue. also there is sometimes a spring inside the retaining cap on the torch which is holding contact on the electrode. if this is not making good contact it can cause a misfire.

check that your torch lead is fully locked into the plasma generator

check that your CPC connections are all tight and the your CPC connector is secured

let me know if any of this helps.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Candcnc problems

CandCNC is not really in the picture when the torch fires. Assuming you are running CommandCNC, its built on LinuxCNC. So when a M3 is encountered in your code, a relay is closed and it should connect the two pins in the CPC connector and the torch should fire. Then that relay will open when an M5 is encountered. So either the relay, cable or plasma cutter is faulty.

So the first step I would do is check your cable for continuity end to end, pin to pin. Then I would check the pin numbers used to fire the torch and short those out at the control box end and see if the torch fires. SO if you get that far without a fault, I would check it really is at pierce height after probing and if it is, I'd be onto CandCNC support..

Rod Webster
    www.vmn.com.au