Need Help! Plasma No arc but HF Work great

Thread: Plasma No arc but HF Work great

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Plasma No arc but HF Work great

Hi everyone,

Im Joe from France, but share my life with US States, for my work over 15 years .

Ive a personal workshop with a lot of equipment for machining metal work for build Drag racing car .

I have buy many years a cheap plasma cutter ( Inverter Tig/arc/cut welder ) . Work fine a lot of year , ive already had problem with this, but ive always fix ( capacitor, diode bridge, etc .... ).

This tools cutter a lot of miles metal and never had real big problem .

Last Week, decide to stop work . bad news .

I explain :

This plasma is a chinese Gianttech CAT-416D , powering with 230V 50Hz .

Last week, Cut and Tig stop working partially . HF working, but dont arc start . Why ? I dont no ...

Arc Welder work fine, never is a real great welder, but really fine for this type of tools

I check all diode, and all is ok, connector ground and torch is great , air pressure is 50 to 60psi and really dry, if i change Gap of "tungstene" component ive just result more or no more HF clear on torch . All component of torch is new and with regular gapping . I dont understand why arc never start.

I attachments a lot of pics for you see .

Ive you have idea how to try a fail component, or test, i would be really happy.

Thank you by advance for all,

Best regards

Joe

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Plasma No arc but HF Work great-img_0526-jpg   Plasma No arc but HF Work great-img_0529-jpg   Plasma No arc but HF Work great-img_0531-jpg   Plasma No arc but HF Work great-img_0534-jpg  

Plasma No arc but HF Work great-img_0527-jpg   Plasma No arc but HF Work great-img_0522-jpg   Plasma No arc but HF Work great-img_0525-jpg  
    Urgent is done, impossible is in progress, for miracles, schedule deadline ....

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Plasma No arc but HF Work great

If you HF for pilot arc but the main transfer does not take place, disconnect the torch and measure the HV DC source and see if it is present.
    If it is, you may have a fault in the torch or torch cable somewhere, if HV DC is not present then you need to trouble shoot the area of HV supply .
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

If it is, you may have a fault in the torch or torch cable somewhere, if HV DC is not present then you need to trouble shoot the area of HV supply .
    Al.
    If there is leak on hose, can we replace hose just with air compressor hose using the same new fittings. Suppose I do not want to import all complete torch system. I have never heard somebody replace the hose here.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for your answer Al_The_Man.

Its possible to explain to me how to measure HV DC Source ? Where is HV Plan ?

Thanks by advance for all .

Best regards

Joe

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi asuratman, I think torch is all good , air arrive normally, and wires is not cut (trying with my multimeter). Everything seems to work except that the arc does not start.