Struggling with cnc settings

Thread: Struggling with cnc settings

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Struggling with cnc settings

I have been building a cnc plasma table for the last year, but am struggling with getting the settings right for the nema motors ,I have two motors the y axis and when I move the y axis it seems to move ok ,but when I ask it to home it seems to be that only the y axis motor is turning and the a drive (which is cloned to the y axis )does not seem as thou it is turning ,I am also struggling with the z axis as all the nematode motors are nema 23 it the z axis is a nema 17 and no matter what ever settings I seem to put in for the nema 17 it only runs really slowly and I can not seem to find any settings any help would be gratefully received as at 58 years old it is a struggle thanks neil

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Struggling with cnc settings

Welcome!

Some photos of your machine setup and layout would be useful. Also, provide some details about:

1. What software you are using (PC in use, Operating System etc)
    2. The CNC Controls (make/models etc)
    3. The settings in use
    4. Machine mechanical properties, ball screws, R+P, belts drive reduction or other details.

Other details such as power supplies (arrangements, voltages and current capabilities etc).