Need Help! Retro fit kit

Thread: Retro fit kit

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Retro fit kit

I have a Sab 1000 optical tracing system and table, the tracing system doesn’t work anymore, so I want to install a kit, motors, controllers, with breakout board to be able to operate the plasma table from a computer.
    Can anyone help, with finding a quality kit around $300 dollars.
    I so confused about what I need in a kit, and Google has me overwhelmed with a the cnc kits.
    Thanks in advance
    Ronnie

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Retro fit kit

I would start by figuring out what motors are currently driving the machine. Maybe you can use them and the drives. If using them is not an option, you need to at least look at the specifications on them to be able to properly spec the new motors.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Jim, for giving me direction on what to start with, I will get the spec on the motors, I think they are stepper motors, and I think they are rated in ounces, am I right about that.
    If I can get that information then I think information on controllers is next.
    I really appreciate your help
    Ronnie

Downloads
    Uploads

The motors would be rated in oz/in or Nm. If they are steppers that is the holding torque. If the drives are still good you may be able to use them also, along with the power supply. The difficulty in using them may be in wiring everything up to a new breakout board, just depends on how the current system is wired up.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA