mach is drawing profiles with Z offsets

Thread: mach is drawing profiles with Z offsets

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default mach is drawing profiles with Z offsets

This is a weird one. I bring my G code in from fusion 360 to Mach. It looks good until I rotate the graphics and you can see each letter raised 1" ( like a stair case). Nothing in the code is telling Mach to do this. I have a floating head and the torch zeros for each profile. So most of the time it cuts fine. However every once awhile it gets a bug up its ____ and it tries to step up and cut in the air to the next profile. It is like Mach has a setting for some kind of offset? Does anyone have an idea that would cause this. Thanks in advance!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: mach is drawing profiles with Z offsets

I've seen this on my Linuxcnc system. I think its becasue you are not cancelling out offsets applied from your probing routine. There was a simple G code solution but I can't remember what it was. NAd its probably different with Mach.

Rod Webster
    www.vmn.com.au

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: mach is drawing profiles with Z offsets

Quote Originally Posted by weldsmith View Post
    This is a weird one. I bring my G code in from fusion 360 to Mach. It looks good until I rotate the graphics and you can see each letter raised 1" ( like a stair case). Nothing in the code is telling Mach to do this. I have a floating head and the torch zeros for each profile. So most of the time it cuts fine. However every once awhile it gets a bug up its ____ and it tries to step up and cut in the air to the next profile. It is like Mach has a setting for some kind of offset? Does anyone have an idea that would cause this. Thanks in advance!

Thank you for the response. I will change around some Probing code and see what I come up with. It makes sense.