Need Help! CNC Plasma DIY Kit?

Thread: CNC Plasma DIY Kit?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNC Plasma DIY Kit?

Hey guys,

Just wondering if any one makes a kit that comes with all of the drive mechanism and electrical, there seems to be plenty the provide one or the other but not many that do the whole box and dice.

Postage to Australia would be a bonus because i notice some of them dont want a bar of sending stuff outside of the US.

Looking at building a 4X4' machine (or similar) just looking at kits to see if building the drive mechanism is worth it, I dont have access to a mill which makes some of the parts difficult to make.

Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC Plasma DIY Kit?

On my opinion if you already had a plasma machine might as well as buy the Portable CNC cutting machine (oxy/ace) I had a chance to set-up once, I converted it to a CNC plasma cutting machine instead of oxygen/acetylene,
    it can cut any metal I want from aluminum, brass, copper, steel, stainless steel hehehe no if`s not but`s it`s just like a robot arm that instead of you holding the plasma cutter, no confusing torch height control issues.

Link 1

Link 2

CNC Plasma DIY Kit?-cutting-torch-ignition-oxy-acetylene-cnc-jpg

This is me cutting Aluminum as you can see the plasma head is just from an ordinary plasma cutter, I just hooked it to the CNC robot and reconfigured one of the solenoids, instead of firing oxygen it fires the plasma trigger.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC Plasma DIY Kit?-cutting-torch-ignition-oxy-acetylene-cnc-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC Plasma DIY Kit?

Hmm, I'm in Brisbane and might be tempted to part with my home built 4 x 4 table. I'll send you a PM.

Everything is designed to be commercial quality with rack and pinion drives and linear rails. Still have a couple of parts to finish off the downdraft table but its been completely designed and you don't need a mill.

Rod Webster
    www.vmn.com.au