Need Help! Help me about accelerator cnc plasma

Thread: Help me about accelerator cnc plasma

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help me about accelerator cnc plasma

Hi
    I have 4 nema 23 and drivers name is DQ542MA
    But need to ask about setting am using in accelerator are 3000mm sec/sec with the speed 4000mm/min .I need to use them with plasma machine.
    So this accelerator and speed can damage the stepper motor or driver after running for long time
    And what is the better setting to save this machine with plasma

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help me about accelerator cnc plasma

Quote Originally Posted by Mohatvnet View Post
    So this accelerator and speed can damage the stepper motor or driver after running for long time
    Is that a question or a statement.

A stepper motor or a stepper drive is not normally damaged by how fast you run the motor or how high you have the acceleration.

What can happen is you get "lost steps" because the stepper motor cannot accelerate fast enough, or the top speed is too high. However, it doesn't damage anything.

What can damage a stepper motor is if you have stepper drive current set too high. Look at the stepper motor data sheet and set the stepper drive maximum current to that value. If you have high ambient temperatures you may need to keep a check on your motor and drive temperatures. I have big aluminium heat sinks on my stepper drives. Do your stepper drives have adequate heat sinking.

On my plasma table my max. speed is 10,000 mm/min and the acceleration is 1500 mm/sec/sec. That was years ago and the motors and drives are still doing great today.

I use Gecko G203V drives. I once ran my table for a1 hour (a torture test) at 10,000 mm/min with lots of zig zag moves, etc. The motors and drives were perfectly fine.

Downloads
    Uploads

I assume that's a question.
    It would be normal to expect a axis motor or driver to run continuously for 8 hours straight. Plenty of machines run for longer than that.
    Spindles are where you can have problems with heat - both in the motor itself and in the bearings.

Cheers
    Roger

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for your reply it great

But I have other question I use the half 4,2 amp . but my steeper it work with 4,2 in datasheet

So it perfect to use that or not

Not test amp full for fear of damage engines

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Mohatvnet View Post
    Thank you for your reply it great

But I have other question I use the half 4,2 amp . but my steeper it work with 4,2 in datasheet

So it perfect to use that or not

Not test amp full for fear of damage engines
    The problem is you will lose a lot of motor torque if you run the motors at half of their rated current. Then you will need to reduce both acceleration and maximum speed to avoid lost steps.

Try with rated amps and just keep a check on the motor temperatures. Quality stepper drives can make a big difference too. My first stepper drive was a Leadshine, and my motors ran much hotter and stalled easily. I changed to Gecko G203V drives and had no problems running my motors at much higher speeds, plus the motors run much cooler.

Downloads
    Uploads

The Gecko 203V is really really good.
    You Get What You Pay For.

Cheers
    Roger

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Re: Help me about accelerator cnc plasma

Ok thank you for your response I benefited a lot from you