Problem with Proma THC 150

Thread: Problem with Proma THC 150

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Problem with Proma THC 150

Just got a used CNC table using a Gecko G540 and a Proma THC 150 for z control. Everything seems to be working fine except the THC, it reads voltage fine but doesn't output anything or light up the arc/up/down lights on the front of the unit. Same result in test mode, voltage goes up and down but no lights or output with Mach3 showing those three inputs as active high as soon as the THC has power. I'm assuming the worst and have gotten no response from Proma, but I thought maybe someone here knew of a reset procedure or worst case get a recommendation for a new THC. I do have a couple other little things to figure out on the machine, but for now the biggest step is getting a working THC.

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Problem with Proma THC 150

hi turkeh, im in the same situation as you right now, just a little further in the process.

MACH3PLASMA LIMIT SWITCHES FOR G540/PROMA

this is my post on the MACH forums, you should find basically all the information you need here to set it up.

My PROMA will be fully functional on saturday, when my switches get here

good luck if you have any questions shoot them.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I read through your thread, but it seems like your THC was working in test mode from the beginning. My THC does not perform the test properly, none of the lights on the THC itself light up nor is there any response on the ports themselves.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by turkeh View Post
    Just got a used CNC table using a Gecko G540 and a Proma THC 150 for z control. Everything seems to be working fine except the THC, it reads voltage fine but doesn't output anything or light up the arc/up/down lights on the front of the unit. Same result in test mode, voltage goes up and down but no lights or output with Mach3 showing those three inputs as active high as soon as the THC has power. I'm assuming the worst and have gotten no response from Proma, but I thought maybe someone here knew of a reset procedure or worst case get a recommendation for a new THC. I do have a couple other little things to figure out on the machine, but for now the biggest step is getting a working THC.
    I have the same problem with proma thc. Did you find any solution? Thc worked fine about 1 year and suddenly it went broke

Downloads
    Uploads

the up and down signal on the proma most turn on in test mode.

you can cut with it and without any setting in mach3 see the lights turn on or off

Best Regards,
    mattcnc@protonmail.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe a sollution!

I had the same problem with my brand new Proma THC150!
    BUT, in my case, in my oppinion it where the settings of HU (High Voltage) and de voltage set in the 'default' screen outside the menu.
    When these voltages are right and in the good range it started working!

I think the THC does not work (in my opinion) when these two values are to to far from each other...