Plasmacam Connector Wiring

Thread: Plasmacam Connector Wiring

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Plasmacam Connector Wiring

Hi,
    Can anyone please help me with the Wiring diagram of the PlasmaCam connector. Plasma Start, Motion start etc.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Plasmacam Connector Wiring-img_20161212_170725-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Plasmacam Connector Wiring

Here is a connection drawing for a Hypertherm Powermax (equipped with the CPC port and a machine torch.....with the internal voltage divider set at 21.1:1). There are four connections on a Plasmacam, two wires are the plasma start output , the other two are to monitor divided analog arc voltage. Thhis is used to start the motion as well as for height control. Jim Colt Hypertherm

Note: if your Plasma does not have a 21.1 : 1 divided output....you must use the stock interface cable from Plasmacam that has a two resistor voltage divider built in. This cable allows you to connect to the Raw arc voltage....and divides it by the proper ratio. If you wire the raw arc voltage directly to the Plasmacam you will damage the control box. Also....Plasmacam advises against using a high frequency start plasma.

Plasmacam Connector Wiring-cable-connections-corrected-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You can get a torch wiring kit directly from plasmacam. The price is pretty low. Just call their parts department and order one.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mr.Jimcolt,
    Thanks for your prompt reply. I was not able to work on the machine because I don't have the resistor values
    and how they are connected in the DIN cable. I would be grateful if you could share this information with me.
    regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Since the machine and the universal cable are produced by Plasmacam, I suggest that you contact them and purchase the interface cable. Jim Colt Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by VARUNVVN View Post
    Hi Mr.Jimcolt,
    Thanks for your prompt reply. I was not able to work on the machine because I don't have the resistor values
    and how they are connected in the DIN cable. I would be grateful if you could share this information with me.
    regards

JIm, does this wiring diagram apply to how you would test the wiring of the torch (per PlasmaCam manual) using the Interface cable testing bypass or manual jumper? I can't seem to find the one that came with the table, and they want $75 for a new one. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jimcolt View Post
    Here is a connection drawing for a Hypertherm Powermax (equipped with the CPC port and a machine torch.....with the internal voltage divider set at 21.1:1). There are four connections on a Plasmacam, two wires are the plasma start output , the other two are to monitor divided analog arc voltage. Thhis is used to start the motion as well as for height control. Jim Colt Hypertherm

Note: if your Plasma does not have a 21.1 : 1 divided output....you must use the stock interface cable from Plasmacam that has a two resistor voltage divider built in. This cable allows you to connect to the Raw arc voltage....and divides it by the proper ratio. If you wire the raw arc voltage directly to the Plasmacam you will damage the control box. Also....Plasmacam advises against using a high frequency start plasma.

Plasmacam Connector Wiring-cable-connections-corrected-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

The attached wiring diagram is when a Powermax45xp, 65, 85, 105 or 125 equipped with a machine torch will interface to a PlasmaCam table. If a plasmacam table is equipped with a hand torch, then you must use the PlasmaCam cable and wire the start and the raw arc voltage according to their specs using their cable. The PlasmaCam cable has a two resistor built in voltage divider and must wire to the hand torch trigger circuit (cut and splice wires in a Hypertherm).

1. So with a hand torch....to make the start and arc voltage feedback work...use the PlasmaCam cable. You also must wire tie the trigger switch closed on the torch.

2. With a machine torch.....make a cable like the one in the diagram (or buy the cable from PJ Metal Fab & Design), the Hypertherm end plugs into the CPC port (optional unless you bought the Powermax with a machine torch) using an amp 14 pin connector, the PlasmaCam end plugs into the large 6 pin DIN connector on the bottom of the control box. You must also set the internal voltage divider DIP switches to the 21.1/1 ratio that is compatible with plasmacam. The CPC port will only fire a machine torch, the hand torch will only fire if you modify the torch trigger circuit and wire tie the trigger switch closed.

Hope this helps! Jim Colt

Quote Originally Posted by rocketrob View Post
    JIm, does this wiring diagram apply to how you would test the wiring of the torch (per PlasmaCam manual) using the Interface cable testing bypass or manual jumper? I can't seem to find the one that came with the table, and they want $75 for a new one. thanks

Thanks for the reply Jim,
    I do have a hand torch, and the original PlasmaCam interface cable as well. What I was missing (but just found last night) was the little'bypass' connector that allows for completing the testing described in the PlasmaCam instructions. I have followed PlasmaCam instructions (as well as confirmed this with Hypertherm support) to connect wiring inside the torch to both trigger circuit board (see attached). With the bypass connector, now, I should be able to complete the proper testing.

If you could provide clarification on the

"internal voltage divider DIP switches to the 21.1/1 ratio"

you mention. I have not heard of this from either PlasmaCam instructions or conversations with Hypertherm. Is this something that needs done on the torch or the plasmaCam control box?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Plasmacam Connector Wiring-20191015_102143-jpg