Need Help! Torch Height Control recommendations to work with Powermax 600

Thread: Torch Height Control recommendations to work with Powermax 600

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Torch Height Control recommendations to work with Powermax 600

Hi everyone I am in the process of building my 4x4 cnc plasma table with Hypertherm Powermax 600, and am wondering what THC is the best bang for the buck.
    I am leaning towards the MP3000E-DTHCII Digital Torch Height Control but I'm not 100% sure and was hoping for some feedback from some one who has
    installed this on there machine, or another system that could be recommended.

Thanks Mike

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I have used the Proma THC from Eagle plasma using the tip (raw) volts and it works fine. I have a Hypertherm PM65 I have used it on a Longevity Force Cut 80I too.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default You can use the Neuron.THC

You can use the Neuron.THC. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/new_pr...hc_plasma.html
    It uses the Tip Raw voltage and have Transfer sensor kit.
    The connection is similar to this, but added sensor arc transfer.
    Torch Height Control recommendations to work with Powermax 600-setuphypithermrawvoltageenglish-png Torch Height Control recommendations to work with Powermax 600-connectpowermax-600-jpg
    Need to do:
    -connect to the tip raw voltage on terminals
    -install the transfer sensor
    -connect to the start button
    -connect to CNC via Cat5E cable(Ethernet connection).
    -install the plugin.
    -start

Price $ 499 full set.

Best Regards!
    Andrew.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Torch Height Control recommendations to work with Powermax 600

I'm using Neuron THC at my plasma table. I've tryied before Proma, Agelkom Capacitive and RazorTHC. But it seems that i will stop to Neuron.

Proma - Very accesible and easy to install,
    Razor THC - Good but work only with Hypertherm

Agelkom - Good until dross start to stick on sensor ring. But i will recomend'it to those who build HVAC.

NeuronTHC - looks to be a proffesional plasma THC. Very configurable. Works with any plasma. Ohmic sensor available. Easy to adjust voltage during cut. With voltage divider included...
    I have no affiliation with the person who sell'it. But I've used some THC devices and for the moment this is "My precious"

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Shouldn't all that info be on the companies website?

Downloads
    Uploads

What do you have for a control ? Got to visit IMTS the other day and stopped by the Flashcut booth. They were running their completely new Version 5 on a plasma machine and I was pretty much blown away with what they have done... Control, Cad/Cam and THC all in one. Quite impressive!

Very nice Integrated Cad..... I played with it a bit and it felt a little like Moi 3d (moment of inspiration). You could draw something, then jump directly to controller mode and cut the part making the G and M aspect essentially invisible to those who don't want to learn it. Makes things pretty simple for the newbie. Yet, the code was right there for saving or editing by those more advanced in the machine world. The Cad is currently 2.5D, but they allow you to "extrude" 2d shapes into 3d objects effortlessly, so I assume that your going to see a full 3d capable Cad program for traditional machining in the near future.

If your not committed to a control already, perhaps you could find out what kind of money this new all in one package would cost you. Seems it would cut out support issues when you get it from a one stop program.

Chris L

Downloads
    Uploads

I had a Proma, didn't get on with it, the adjustments were too coarse and control at speed was very limited.

I bought the mp3000-DTHCII and it works perfectly, better than I thought. Speed is no issue and adjustments are fast and very fine, I use hypertherm fine cut consumables in a little 30xp unit and my cut height is only 0.5mm but it maintains this well.

Support is good too.

I did get stung for import tax though

dubble

The Proma THC is easy to install and it works good.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dubble View Post
    The Proma THC is easy to install and it works good.
    I have to agree since i already have 4 of them, 3 installed and working every day all day long without a hitch ever. I use LinuxCNC always, but i had to install one a few days ago on a Windows machine with Mach3 and a Hypertherm MAX100 that is beeing used every day from 8AM to 11PM so i called the owner taday to see how it is behaving and he was more than satisfied with the result ( they had a diferent type of THC since march of last year that i installed and it worked untill a few days ago when lightning struck and fried the computer and a lot of other things so the old THC was messed up a bitt ).

As for it beeing slow, ADJUST the HYS and D-T and H-V on them. I have mine set at minimum for the first 2 settings and the H-V need a bit of testing ( on Thermal Dynamics Pak Master 9e it is at 220V on a OERLIKON CitoCut 40 it is at 160V and on the Hypertherm MAX100 it is at 200V ).
    Also adjust the THC rate on Mach3 ( i left it at 30, at 50 it does very litle buny jumping and at 100 it does a lot ). This is for a machine that was set at 700mm/minute and 300mm/s/s acceleration.
    Hope this helps.
    Tom

Downloads
    Uploads

I recommend the midnight manufacturing Auto THC, i ordered and received it in 3 days. it was easy to install and i havent had to do anything with it since i installed it. i got a code off youtube it was FINALORDER for midnightmanufacturing.ca it ended up being a good price and for the time savings alone it was worth it.